Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Movie Quote of the Day Contest: 8/30

I have decided on the prize. I will be doing this as a monthly contest. This first one will run through the end of September.
Winner will receive any 1 item out of my ebay store up to a $10 value and I'll cover the shipping. I have a link to my store at the top. If you want something over $10 I'll give you a $10 credit and cover half the shipping.

To help stop simple google searches, I'm changing a few words up to help stop that.

Ok, onto the next movie quote of the week. This one is from a very small movie that you possibly have not seen. But for some reason, I loved it. If you've seen the movie, this one will be a piece of cake.

Score to date:
Ben Miller: 1
Jim Zaphiriou: 1

Quote of the day (value = 1 pts):
Character 1: "There are thousands of snakes around here?"
Character 2: "There has to be if you look hard enough!"

Good luck.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm stumped, can't say I've watched many movies with a snake theme, hate the little legless freaks

8:03 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Actually this movie doesn't have a single snake in it, that I remember. Unless you count the bad guy. ;)

My original quote had a preceding line, but no matter how I worded it, it kept popping up on a google search so eventually I had to eliminate it.

I'll post the whole thing once someone gets it. It really is a great little unknown film.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Ding, ding, ding....

We have a winner. Yes it is indeed Jake Speed.

The original quote I had to drop was:

Jake Speed: "We were gonna fight our way through enemy territory. Scale the highest mountain in this goddamned place. Traverse a bridge that was about to collapse. And then if we were lucky, I mean really lucky, we were gonna fight our way through two thousand extremely poisonous snakes."
Margaret Winston: "There are thousands of snakes around here?"
Jake Speed: "There's gotta be if you look hard enough!"

Congrats Dave.

Ben

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home