Sunday, August 20, 2006

Lone Wolf GT aftermath

Wow, what a fantastic weekend. This site is going to be hoppen' over the next few weeks as I try to share my full experience with you.

First and foremost, I got a chance to sit and visit with old friends, and really relax and have a great time.

Played 6 games over the weekend. Friday night I played an awesome looking Roman Empire army that will make you drool.

Then Saturday, played against 3 great opponents had 3 great games and was 2-1 after the first day.

Saturday night I joined my son, his girlfriend, nephew and another friend's son in a fantastic game of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. You don't want to miss the play by play of this.

Sunday I met up with 2 more great opponents both with very tough armies. Brettonians and Sylvania. I ended up going 2-0 Sunday to finish with a 4-1 record. Not quite as good as I wanted. I was hoping for the draw, not the loss. And my lack of ability to secure 2 objectives just killed my chances.

I ended up with 76 Battle points falling 8 points short from my goal of 84. The draw, instead of the loss and 1 more objective. Or 2 more objectives.

Best overall and 2nd best overall both ended with 80 battle points. But both I'm sure had better paint scores than I did.

I did get at least 1 favorite opponent vote, or so I was told. I will have to wait for the final results to be posted to see my final standing, as even with the 4-1 record, I walked away empty handed come awards time. There seemed to be so many people ahead of me. Going into the final round I was 3-1 and was playing on table 7 or 8. Even with a loss or a draw, people were getting the objectives and staying in the hunt.

I did get some great reaper paints and a reaper keychain I swapped for a Warlord miniature as a door prize.

What does all this mean to you? It means:

6 Fantastic battle reports heading your way.
Some unbeleavable pictures I took during the weekend.
A play by play story of my Warhammer roleplaying adventure.
A sit down talk with the man, the myth, the legend, David Bowman. You don't want to miss this. It was a great interview.

So until tomorrow. Just to wet your appetite, here is Jim Bailey's fantastic looking Nurgle Daemon army that pulled 2nd place Players choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home