Friday, August 18, 2006

Who Wants To Be A Superhero?

I have to admit, I was disappointed in last nights show. If that was the first one you watched, you are probably wondering what I saw in it. The previous 3 were much better. But to recap last nights show...

I did not care for either elimination.

First, they got their friends to say something bad about them. I thought there were 3 "bad" past histories.
1. Creature had once thrown some towels out of the window.
2. Fat Mamma often went on diets and wasn't happy with her weight.
3. Lemuria, had a very wild party side to her. (let me hear more.)

Creature screwed up though. Instead of stating the obvious, "it was at that moment, I dedicated myself to cleaning up the environment." She went with the "everyone messes up now and then." Add in that early in the day, she jay walked, or ran across when a no crossing light was up, and she was out.

I really felt Lemuria should have gotten the boot with this one. We are testing character, and being a wild party dancer, who likes to get up on tables, was a bit worse to me.

But out Creature and her hot little bod went.

They then had to go spend some time with a convicted felon. Very nasty people. And they had 4 "special" missions to accomplish.
1. Someone had to rub the shoulder of the inmate 3 times.
2. Someone had to brush the hair out of the inmates face 3 times.
3. Someone had to hug the inmate 3 times.
4. Someone had to sit in the lap of the inmate for 10 seconds.

Lemuria, said she would do the lap sitting. Guess all the lap dances she gave in her party days would pay off, boy was she surprised when they brought out a woman inmate that looked like a bus had run over her. I'm sure Lemuria was thinking she would get some guy and could sweet talk him. Lemuria failed horribly, but in her defense, I felt this was the most impossible task to accomplish.

Fat Mamma jumped on the hair, which I felt was the easiest to do. She got the same woman Lemuria had and was already freaked out by the lap sitting incident. The producers were very lenient here, as she was supposed to move the hair out of her face, and instead barely moved a wisp of hair off her shoulders. But they counted it, and she accomplished her goal.
Very weak in my opinion. Made no connection with the inmate at all, which I felt it was all about.

Major Victory had chosen the shoulder rub and out comes this guy that looks like he could kill you in 10 seconds if he tried. He was hand cuffed and wanted nothing to do with the chairs. Major Victory took off his cape and gloves, which earlier Stan had specifically told him never to do. I felt this would get MV the boot. He did keep his composure in the face of the very angry felon and managed to rub the guys shoulders 3 times. My hats off to Major Victory, it was a difficult task and while he made a minor connection with the felon, it was much better than Fat Mamma's attempt.

Finally, Feedback comes up and WOW!! He showed the rest how to do it. Off came the cuffs, they talked about what happened to the inmate, how they both lost their fathers. And then with the 2nd toughest challenge behind the lap sitting, Feedback gets the inmate to hug him 3 times. I was stunned. The trailers had hinted at it, but I never thought he would get him to hug 3 times. This one blew me away. Way to go Feedback.

So down to elimination. I really felt it was between Lemuria, Major Victory and Fat Mamma. But Stan called up Lemuria and Major Victory. Only 2 on the chopping block again, and he didn't even give them a chance to talk. Just scolded Major Victory for taking off his cape for the 2nd time in the show, and Lemuria for failing.

And then Lemuria had to turn in her costume.

I hated seeing the best 2 good looking girls go in 1 show. That hurt. I really felt Major Victory should have been put out since he was told specifically, Don't take off your cape, and he did it anyway. Compare that to Lemuria not being able to sit on the lap of another woman, give me a break. Big difference. But I have seen a tendancy for previous "problems" to be the bigger determining factor.

Even after a super hero makes it through an elimination, its not like that problem is forgotten and went away. Its still there and your next slip up, usually costs them. In this case I think Lemuria's table dancing caught up with her.

So we are down to Major Victory (who if my theory holds could be very well on the chopping block next.) Fat Mamma, who seems to just be slipping by, but I cannot see her winning it all. She just doesn't have that Super Hero quality. I think Stan has just not wanted to eliminate her because of the fat black woman stigma that he would get labled with if he threw her out earlier. So I think she could very well go next.

And then there is Feedback. Wow, this guy has tackled everything very well. Pulled off the most difficult challenge last night, while the others all tricked their subject or failed. The last time I remember him failing a challenge was very first week.
I think he has the desire, the drive and the willingness to do anything to win.
And I think the character, Feedback, has enough flexibility and weaknesses to actually make a very cool comic book and movie. Fat Mamma has a real limited range and reminds me too much of "Fat Albert" and the Saturday morning cartoons.

I'm changing my pick for the winner from Major Victory to Feedback.

2 Comments:

Blogger pekadad said...

Ben - I find it funny that you're watching this show! I had my wife set up a season pass on TiVo and have been watching it with the kids - it's been pretty entertaining and I agree with all of your comments here (Fat Momma's got to go). Go figure. :-)

What is it about the personality - Warhammer, Super heros, LotR? Even Princess Bride and Aliens make it into your favorite movies, I notice (same with me). And, to top it all off, we're even both software engineers... Spooky..

5:33 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Hahaha, glad to see someone likes the show besides me. I didn't get a chance to watch last nights show yet. Its recorded, I'll watch it tonight.

Now off to moving, no time to post today. Sorry. Ben

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home