Saturday, August 12, 2006

Greatest Sci-Fi Movie of all time

Hey all my readers, just got through watching what I consider the greatest Science Fiction movie of all time.

ALIENS

Yep, that would be the 2nd one, where the group of marines go back to the planet and fight the alien horde. What an awesome movie? Of course everyone loves such great lines as:
"Game over man, game over"
"Why don't we put her in charge"
"Maybe we got 'em demorilized" (actually edited out of the original movie.)
"Come on marines, we are leaving"
"I say we nuke the site from orbit. Its the only way to be sure."
"He's just a grunt. He can't make that kind of decision."
"Not sure if your keeping up with current events, but we just got our a$$es kicked back there."

And many, many more I just can't go over them all. If you've never seen the expanded version, you have to. They cut out so many cool scenes added back in for the additional 17 minutes not shown at the movies.

So if you have another Sci-Fi movie you think comes close, let me know.

Ben

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to see the long version someday. Saw this one at the theatre.


So, not a Star Wars fan then? I'd give ALIENS best Sci-Fi flick in the grim future-is-dark-with-a-metallic-aftertaste category. But, there's a better film, it's just set in a Galaxy, far, far, away. :D

3:33 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Star Wars as a series, is great also. It just doesn't match Aliens, IMO.

Now if you compare series to series it is a no brainer, Star Wars wins. But for a single show, I think Aliens is much better than any of the Star Wars single movies. And I liked some of them a whole lot. Loved 1 & 2 of the original, and 2 & 3 of the newer set.

I also think Serenity was close as well. Absolutely excellent movie, that got no notiriety at all.
If you haven't seen it, definetely rent it. It helps if you've seen the Firefly series, but not 100% necessary.

Ben

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't like Serenity as much as I did the TV seris Firefly. I agree on Aliens with Bladerunner being a close second.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

How could I forget Blade Runner? I loved that movie. But preferred the cinema version over the directors release later. That is rare for me. But when he took out all the talking, it pissed me off.

Ben

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, Aliens is one of those rare instances, where a sequel is actually as good, if not better than the prequel - there aren't many of those around ...

And Alien resurrection was awesome, too ... the only one which was a bit of let-down was three ...

Cheers, Mutter

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home