Monday, August 28, 2006

Wheel of Fortune Time

I'm not a huge fan of the show, but I do enjoy watching it and trying to guess the puzzles before anyone else. But last night my family and I took a break from moving and attended the live taping of two Wheel of Fortune shows that will air on Nov 17 & 18.

I have to say I was really impressed with the way the show was run and presented. The tickets were free, but parking was $12. So overall pretty inexpensive. We got to watch 2 shows and things really went smooth. And it was very interesting getting to watch the behind the show things.

One really interesting point was when a rubberband broke on one of the flippers for the wheel in the 2nd show. They had a stop down, had the contestants turn around so they couldn't see the board. And had to bring out the techs to fix it.

I didn't realize they actually take breaks during commercial times. But they do. So to tape a 30 minute show took 30 minutes.

Pat is a geniunly funny guy. He was doing a lot of adlib during the tech repair and was pretty darn funny.

Vanna is as hot as she looks on TV even though she is pushing up there in years now.

They gave away some digital cameras at the end of the show and everyone got a little Wheel of Fortune pin.

The only thing I would have liked to seen more of was if Pat and Vanna talked to the audience more during the commercial breaks. Instead it was just kind of dead time while they played music. In the very first break they came and talked for about a 30 seconds to a minute and that was it except during the down time for the broken flipper.

But overall it was tons of fun, if you ever have a chance to attend the live taping of a show, I highly recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home