Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Movie Quote of the Day: 8/29

I hope you enjoy this new topic. The way it works is I come up with some obscure movie quote and you be the first one to guess where it came from. I am thinking of making this a contest. So the person who gets the most correct over a certain period of time, wins a prize.

I haven't worked out all the details but I will. So start playing.

I may not do it every day, but I will try. And no guarantees on when I'll be posting each day, so keep checking back.

Rules of the game. I will post a movie quote, (at least as best I can remember it, no guarantees it is 100% accurate.) You then simply leave a comment telling me which movie it is from and what character or actor said it. I will accept either the characters name, the actors name, or a very close description of the character.
Example in the first one I did already, Ben Miller described him as the 6-fingered Count. This was perfectly acceptable.

If after 1 day no one has guessed correctly I might leave a hint, so check the comments section, don't just assume someone guessed it correctly.

The first person to leave the correct answer as a comment, wins for the day and receives 1 point. I might make extremely old/obscure movies worth more than 1 point.

Score to date:
Ben Miller: 1

Quote of the day (value = 1 pt):
"He died by falling down an elevator shaft and onto some bullets."

Good luck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, that would be The Bowler (played by Jeanine Garolfalo) in Mystery Men, describing her father's demise. His head was in her bowling ball. Kewl.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Ding, ding, ding...

We have a winner. Way to go Jim.

I loved that movie. Yea, I know I'm weird. Mystery men was awesome thought.

Coming tomorrow, a movie from 20 years ago. Time to pull out the archives.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home