Thursday, November 29, 2007

Its time for a Christmas Trees

Oh, sorry I meant Holiday Tree, oh no I meant Seasonal Tree. Oh sorry I meant, oh hell I meant to say whatever PC crap they are throwing against the wall again.

Actually what I really meant was Christmas Tree. Yes it is that time of year where CHRISTIANS celebrate their 2nd most important(I really think Easter is a more important holiday, but that is a debate for another day)holiday.

Since over 75% of the US population identifies themselves as Christians don't you think the other 25% should step aside and let us have our damn holiday. If you are offended at me or my town or anyone putting up something religious, then I'd say get a little bit thicker skin and don't worry about it.

No one is putting up anything to rub it in your face. They are putting it up for the 75 to 80% of the people who want it. Sorry, so sad, too bad.

I get so sick and tired of reading about how cities, universities and businesses are taking down Christmas trees because 1 person out of 10,000 complain that they don't like it. Well, too bad, go get a life.

I get so sick and tired of businesses caving into these idiots with too much time on their hands and change the names of Christmas Trees to something less religious. WTF!!

I mean really, give me a break. So you don't want to insult the 1 guy but you are willing to insult the 80% of us who do want a Christmas tree with lights in our City square. We do want our Christmas Trees to be called Christmas Trees when we go to the store.

Separation of Church and state means 2 things.
1. The government cannot stop you from practicing any religion you want to. (As long as it doesn't involve other crimes, such as bigamy or human sacrifice.) You can still be that religion, you just cannot carry out those crimes.

and
2. The government cannot force you to practice a particular religion. This was the case of them wanting to make sure nothing like the Church of England popped up here. A church of the US. Even though I think they are forcing us into the church of Liberalism with all this PC crap. But I am diverging.

Just because a city hall puts up a Christmas Tree with lots of colored lights and even a Nativity scene. Does NOT mean they are forcing anyone to become a Christian. I believe the inquisitions stopped several hundred years ago.

If you don't like it, complain that they are waisting your tax dollars, not that you are offended. Because give me a break, how the hell are you offended by this. Give me one good reason that makes you offended. I just don't believe there is one.

If your a minority in this religious time, then go about your business and leave the rest of us the HELL alone.

Sorry this rant was brought to you by Soap Boxes R Us.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. Coming tomorrow, another Battle Report, the Twins of Khorne verse the 4 Horsemen.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home