Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Day of Thanks

While there are some idiot teachers out there that want to teach Thanksgiving day as a day of sadness and mourning for the Native American Indians and what the new American Settlers did to them after befriending them, I for one do not give into this propaganda.

Being part Native American myself I can say that I still love America and everything it has become.

Its not like the Pilgrims split bread with the local tribes and then celebrated this as Thanksgiving day every year. This came many years afterwards as a day for everyone to stop, look around and be thankful for the plentiful bounty most of us in America have.

I know I cannot complain about anything. I have a great wife who lets me play Warhammer, most of the time. I have 3 wonderful sons, 1 with a degree from UTA and working for Seimans, 1 in the Air Force serving in Iraq and 1 special needs child, that is the light of my life.

I have a great job, a wonderful house, good health and enough money to blow on things when I like.

I can look around, and truly say I am happy and satisfied.
And I thank God for all of this.

Even if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, take a moment tomorrow and look for the things you can be thankful for, and give thanks. You will not be sorry.

Here is hoping everyone has a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving Day.
Go Cowboys!!

Until next Time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home