Monday, November 19, 2007

Centaur Army Update

Now that all the models are assembled, it is time to move forward. Unfortunately, just as I was finishing the very last model I ran out of Super glue. I had 2 pieces still to glue on.

A frantic search led me to an old bottle of super-glue that the cap had completely dried up and I was unable to get any out of the tip. About to throw it away, I took out a pin and poked the back end of the bottle. Ahhh, that precious clear fluid that I needed. (stop with the dirty minds already. ;-) )
And was able to finish up the army.

I started working on movement trays next. Without the super glue to put on edges, I cut out the bases and applied the magnetic paper on them. Still need to do the edges, but that can come later. So I got all 12 of those done over the weekend. At this point I feel I could travel with the army and not have it fall apart. I need to get a metal bottom carry case still. I think I will just get a plastic storage case like I normally do and cut out a metal sheet to stick to the bottom. That should keep them in place while I travel. I can get sheet metal at Lowes pretty cheap and use double sided tape to stick it to the bottom. Get some tin snips to cut it to fit the plastic case.

So next up is to finish up the green stuff. I got about half of them done, need to do the other half. Then I can base and prime them, ready for the painting.

Plan on putting some time into them this weekend. With any luck at least part of them will be primed by the end of this weekend.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home