Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Yea we take Credit Cards or Check

I kid you not, this is a conversation I just got off the phone with.

Phone rings....
Me: Hello

Them: Yes, this is XXX company calling to do the appraisal on your house. Our appraiser will be calling you to set up an appointment soon.

Me: Sounds great.

Them: The cost will be XX dollars, you can pay with check or credit card over the phone.

Me: Great, I can pay with the credit card now. Do you take discover?

Them: No, only Visa or Mastercard.

Me: Thats cool, I have my visa here.

Them: That will be an extra 12 dollars.

Me: What? Ok, never mind, I'll just give him a check when he comes.

Them: Oh, we would prefer a money order.

Me: What? Didn't you just say you'd take a check?

Them: Well, I guess we can, but we will have to hold off on the report till the check clears.

Me: Geez! So you will take a check but don't trust it. If you don't want to take checks or credit cards don't. If you really want money order only, then say we need a money order.

Them: Well I'm sorry sir.

Me: I don't like the way you do business, but I'll deal with it. Bye.

************

No kidding. If you don't want to take credit cards or checks, then don't give people that option. It is so frustrating. I wanted to reach through the phone and slap her. Or at least stamp a permanent L on her forehead.

Give me a break.

Until next time...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The companies who employ these people definately get what they pay for. Why would anyone work hard on 7 bucks an hour.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home