Friday, March 28, 2008

Chaos Dwarfs, my 2nd team

When I first signed up on Fumbbl, I decided I would play 2 teams. One fast and quick and one bashy.

The fast and quick one was an easy choice with Skaven. The speed 9 gutterrunners that I love have worked wonders for me. I started out with a draw and have gone 5/1/1 with them since the start.

I picked the big hats, the whacky dwarfs who have gone to the dark side for my bashy team. I love the chaos dwarf blockers who come with block, tackle (to stop those dodge guys), and their armor of 9. Add in the Minotaur or troll, Bull Centaurs and a bunch of cheap goblins and you have a heck of a team. Or so I thought.

My first build I got greedy, went after the Minotaur, 2 bulls, and then barely had enough to field 4 chaos dwarfs, only 2 re-rolls and no apothecary.

After and 0-2 start, losing to both a 2nd game Lizardman player and a dwarf player. Both of them pretty sound stompings. I had my minotaur killed, a dwarf killed, still didn't have an apothecary, was replacing dead guys with hobgoblins, and could barely field 9 guys for my next match.
With a rating of 98, I could continue the uphill battle to try and bring this team back, but decided it was best to scrap that experiment and so into the retire heap went Hashut's Big Hats.

Out of that experiment comes the new and improved Big Hats for Big Heads. With new uniforms and a new coaching philosophy. Instead of going with big guys I went small instead. I took my max number of 6 chaos dwarfs, 1 Bull Centaur and 4 Hobgoblins. 3 Rerolls and a FF of 8.

I ran them onto the field last night against the only other Academy team playing, goblins. This was a really bad matchup for my opponent, 2 trolls and 11 goblins.
My Chaos Dwarfs chewed them up and spat them out.

I lost the toss and kicked off to him. This led to a quick touchdown for me. Another kick off another touchdown.
The only time the ball was on my half of the field was when he kicked to me in the 2nd half. And even then it was never more than 4 squares from the LOS.

Since his team was rated higher than mine by 11 points I got a free bonus. I rolled up Ironman and so my Bull Centaur could not be hurt this game!! Double sweet.

I only got 1 player hurt in the game and that was a hobgoblin who rolled a skull + both knockdown on a goblin with the ball. I could have re-rolled it, but I figured getting the ball out of his hands was more important and took the hit. It actually knocked both of us out, Dave the hobgoblin just KO'd while the goblin was seriously injured.
Dave missed the rest of the game, but with his early touchdown, that injury and the MVP award, he is proudly sporting the block skill that will prevent the knockdown next time.

And my Bull Centaur, Little Feet, took in the other 2 touchdowns and picked up +1 MA. Very sweet, was looking to give him block to be an excellent blitzer, but figure he can get that next. I couldn't pass up a move 10 str 4 guy. Once he gets block and break tackle, he will be great.

Final stats were TDs: 3-0, Inj: 4-0; FF +1 to no change.
Money: 50K to 80K. How the heck does he get more money here when we had the same Fans going in? Oh well, enough for an apothecary.
So the new CD's are 1-0 and I hope to get a lot more games with them soon.

Until Next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home