Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Catching up

Again, it's been a long time since I posted. Lots of stuff going on and I've been so busy at work I'm having a hard time finding time to post. Here are some of the highlights lately.

1. My son Derek is on 2 weeks leave. He went to see his mom but will be back Friday for about 10 days.

2. A week from Saturday the 2 of us are going to go play in the Ard Boyz tournament. 3500 of Warhammer goodness, should be a lot of fun. Really don't expect to do that well with my army, but I'm just going to have a good time.

3. Baseball has started up. My favorite sport to play has cranked up. I am an Asst. Coach to my son's team and we have already had a couple practices and our first game. Tim managed a weak hit his first time up and had to really run to beat it out at first. But the 2nd at bat he got all of it and it flew into the outfield and rolled to the fence. I was very pleased. Game ended on a homerun by one of our new players. He was so excited. I met him and his father through the bowling league, they are really good people.
We are supposed to have practice today, but it looks like we will be rained out.

4. Bowling wrapped up for Tim who got a season high 72 points and a strike to finish the year off on a strong game. I was very happy for him.

5. On a sad note, one of my sons friends from bowling suffered a stroke and is in the hospital. John is 25 years old and is having a hard time understanding what is happening to him. They are keeping him on a respirator to help with his oxygen levels and in turn have to keep him sedated to keep from ripping the respirator off. He is a really great young man and our prayers are with him.

6. Back to happier news, I'm having a good time playing Blood Bowl on line. A lot of fun, and got my first tournament win with a 2-0 win that could have easily been 3-0. Looking forward to the next round against another Skaven team with identical players. He has an extra skill, but shouldn't play that big a factor. I hope.

7. I bought a skaven blood bowl team and got an extra players I wasn't expecting. So I'm really happy with that. Got 13 players instead of 12, including an extra Gutter runner that I almost went out and bought as I plan on running 4 at the Hillbilly. The basic set usually only comes with 3. Now I just have to strip the old paint off of one and paint them up. Thinking of Dark Green.

8. My Warhammer league is finally wrapping up. I have 1 more game this Sunday. It may be the last run of the Twins of Khorne in their current format. I only have a 33% chance to become the chosen of my god, which was the whole campaign idea for the League. But I'm going to go for it anyway.

9. As I mentioned, this may be the last time they run as they are now is because of the army book change that I wasn't expecting so soon. Looks like they are moving chaos knights into special. I only have 4 of them, but was running 2 centigor units that were special as well. Since I won't be able to take them at all, I'll have to convert them to marauder fast cav.

So my army will probably be: 6 marauder fast cav, 4 chaos knights and 2 DoW fast cav.
Should be an interesting line up. Will have to see how it works out.
Hearing other rumors good and bad.
Good: The chaos knights will get chaos armor giving them a 1+ armor save. Sweet.
The chosen will be cheaper. So I might take one unit as chosen. Sweet.
The marks are getting a lot cheaper. Sweet.

Bad: They are changing khorne from frenzy to hatred. While not horrible, not good either.
Khorne knights will no longer generate DD. OUCH!!! This is really bad if it happens. I'll end up having to put in a wizard scroll caddy if they do that. I really hope not.

10. And finally, I am all set for my Final Four coming on May 4th. Should be a really good time. Besides the Final four for the League, which I'm not a part of for the first time since the Mawl was created, I am going to run a mini-doubles tournament that is going to be a blast. I hope. ;)

Well, that is it for now.
I'll try and start posting more regularly and more focused in the future.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home