Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Warhammer League Game

I played my Warhammer league game on Saturday. Played a really great guy Jesse and his Orcs and Goblins. And what I realized playing the game, is I am just so burned out on Warhammer. I really didn't care if I won or lost.

I had a good time playing, rolling the dice and cheering for Jesse were great. The scenario involved trying to grab eggs from an enormous dragon, that continually caused Terror. I tried to get an egg but kept fleeing away and never did get one.

Then I had to deal with Jesse's army.

Game down to a couple things.
1. One doom diver catapult was ridiculously bad, misfiring in all but its last shot, where it hit dead on to my general's unit knocking it in half.

2. His Block Orc regiment, pulling out a great charge with the combination of the waagh banner, the waagh and his normal charge. It wiped out 2 units of knights and one of my heroes.

3. I had his general's unit lined up for a last minute double charge, he rolls a 6 and waaghs his way out of the flank and was able to turn around so both my general and 2 knights along with 3 centigors were all on his front.

4. Bottom of turn 6, Centigors go frenzy, combined with my General and 2 knights we charge his general's unit. His General challenges. I Accept with my general and get 5 str 5 attacks with no armor saves. Needing 4+ to hit and 4+ to wound, it wouldn't be easy. I get 3 hits, but only 2 wounds. Oh yea, my horse gets to attack. It hits, it wounds. He gets a 3+ armor save, and makes it!! So he gets his 7 str 8 attacks back. He also needs 4+ to hit, and gets 4 hits. I have a 6+ armor save and make one. I have a 5+ ward save as well. Need 2 of 3 to stay alive, and I only get 1. So my general dies while his lives.
While this hurts as it gives him 300 more victory points, I can still pull it out if I break his unit.

The Centigors and Knights kill off 7 goblins to win combat by 3. So he needs a 6 or less on 2d6 to stay and he gets it.

So with only a few hundred points left on the table, Jesse easily got the win.

Only 1 League game left against an old friend Billy. I'll be glad with this year is over.

I am looking forward to the Cheesfest 3500 point Ard Boyz that Derek and I will be playing in on the 19th.

And I'm looking forward to my doubles tournament to be held with the final four. That should be a lot of fun.

Finally, I'm really looking forward to the Hillbilly. But not so much for the Warhammer but for the Blood Bowl tournament and hanging with good friends and the road trip to Memphis.

Until next time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

hahaha, that and the beer.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home