Thursday, February 21, 2008

Obama your mama

My Niece unfortunately did not surprise me when she said she liked Obama. Many of the youth in America do like him. He talks nice, he looks good. Hell, he probably even smells sweet.

But I see nothing of substance underneath. Not that I like any of the candidates. But Obama??

Have we really come to this in America?

He says he offers Hope and Change. But the only change I hear him talking about is Universal Health Care and surrender to the terrorists. Thats it. He says more jobs, he says better opportunity, but everyone says that. Where is the plan? Well I guess there will be plenty to rebuild our cities after they are destroyed.

Lets talk about Health Care first. Is there a place for our government to help? Yes. On the very low poor end and on the very high expensive end of health care. But for me and 90% of Americans, we want our health care to stay exactly as it is.

If I get sick, I can pick up the phone, make an appointment, have the doctor call me when they are ready for me in about 30 mins to an hour. I drive 10 mins to the doctor and see them within 10 more mins. So in 2 hours, I've seen my doctor and gotten whatever care I need for $15.

For major cases like Cancer, right now, you can see an Oncologist and start treatments within weeks. In "so called" great places with government health care, like Canada, you can end up waiting 6 months or more.

Medium cases, like say a kidney stone. There are 4-5 machines to treat kidney stones in the Dallas area alone. If you get a stone, see your doctor, he can have you treated within the week. And if its really bad, the same day. In Canada where they have 3, yes 3, machines for the entire country. One in Vancouver, one in Toronto and one in Halifax. There is a 6 month waiting list.

And lets not even get started on how good the care is, or lack thereof, or the fact there is no malpractice suits at all. I've had doctors tell me straight out. By September I've made all I can make in Canada, so I move to Florida to treat patients from October to December, or take a 3 month vacation. Oh yea, and taxes are 40-50% of your pay check to pay for this wonderful care.

And then there is the military. Being ex-military myself and my son being in the Air Force and in Iraq, what do you think this man, and I use that term loosely, is going to do if elected.
1. We will immediately pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Ok, not that bad, we have made a lot of progress in the last 6 months and in 12 months time it may be stable enough that when we leave things will stay stable. Then again, the terrorists may be counting on Obama to win and may just be laying low until we pull out.

2. He will begin to downsize the military to save money. Projects for military contracts will get cut, jobs will be lost. Ships won't be built. New tanks, planes, weapons, etc... will all be downsized, along with the jobs that build them. Reenlistment incentives will be dropped, so people in the military will get out when their time is up. Quotas will be lowered, a backlog to get into the military will fill up. All of these people will flood the job market that is already saturated. Many of them high school kids who are having to wait to get into the military, or can't get in now because they will raise the standards.
But all the low income jobs are filled with illegal aliens. Even though they won't be able to get the Amnesty bill through, he just won't enforce the laws like Bush and they will continue to stay and suck up all the jobs working below minimum wage and in bad conditions. Unemployment will sky rocket and the economy, already tittering on the age of a recession will plummet into one.

3. Without us in Afghanistan and Iraq anymore, Al-queda and the other Islamo terrorists will plan their next big attack on America. Knowing they have 4 years where we will not retaliate. They will kick back and realize they survived the hard 8 years with someone willing to fight them. But now back to the good times they had with Clinton. They will attack, and attack and attack. Cities will be destroyed, our military will be hit hard. And Obama will claim he is retaliating, but sending a missile into some desert tent like Clinton did. They will laugh at us once again. And we will be helpless to stop them.

So besides destroying our military, our health care, our economy, my paycheck with higher taxes, our pride and doing nothing to get rid of the illegal aliens in our country. What has he promised? What plans does he have? Because I've heard lots of talk of healing our soul (from a politician, yea right) and hope and change.

But in the end its a politician with no experience (beyond doing drugs), no military experience (oh yea, Clinton was great there) and no future for America.

While I don't like McCain either, at least he won't turn our military salute into what the French use in every war.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home