Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Long Weekend

Due to presidents day, my son was home from school, while the spousal unit had to work. So I stayed home giving me a 3 day weekend.

I played warhammer, watched movies, and played some more warhammer. 3 Games of Warhammer in one weekend. With the exception of tournaments, I rarely do this.

For movies, a wide range of Underdog, a fun little kids movie that stayed pretty true to the original cartoon. Was neat as the original cartoon was on the DVD as well. Talk about damage one superdog can cause, wow!!
It also included 2 viewings of Hairspray. This movie was my wife's selection and I was wary. Especially when it starts out with a musical number called 'Hello Balitmore'. But when it includes lines like:
"There is the flasher that lives next door,
And the drunk passed out on the barroom floor."

Its hard to not like it. It had a decent plot, good acting, Michele Phifer just gets better and better. Add in a good lesson on discrimination that crosses racial lines and more than what you are use to seeing, some funny gag lines, Christopher Walken and John Travolta as a woman and you have yourself a pretty good movie.

For a fun evening the whole family will enjoy, its worth renting.

The Warhammer went well also. A win a loss and my league game. I'll do a BR on the league game another day.

But for now back to work.

until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home