Monday, December 03, 2007

And The Army Marches On...

I made some great progress on my army this last weekend.

Finally after about a year of buying the miniatures I have accomplished the following:

1. Had to check them all as several were broken upon opening them. So had to get replacement models.
2. File down all the mold lines. OMG!! Confrontation miniatures are horrible with mold lines.
3. File down all the glue joints. Confrontation coats their miniatures with something that prevents super glue from bonding properly. I had to go back after pieces fell apart, file down where I was joining the pieces and re-glue them.
4. Assemble all the miniatures. The average miniature had 8 pieces that had to be glued together. A very big chore.
5. Convert the spears into flails. On my Marauder horsemen I wanted a mix of throwing axes and flails. So I built 2 flail models for each unit so a total of 8 guys with flails.
6. Fill in the holes with greenstuff. The models were horrible about fitting together properly. Plus I didn't want them all in the exact same, turn to the right pose. So I had to fill in a ton of cracks and gaps with greenstuff.
7. Put sand on all their bases.
8. Glue them on precut metal bases.
9. Prime them all.
10. Build magnetic movement trays to help keep them from falling over all the time.

And now after all of those steps, I am ready to begin painting. The first coats of paint hit the models yesterday.
The army is very playable and semi-transportable now. So I'll just paint is as quick as I can. With only 63 models to paint, it will hopefully come out looking pretty good pretty quickly.

I'll start posting some pics as I finish them.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home