Friday, December 07, 2007

Tin Man part 2

I got to watch part 2 of the Sci-Fi mini-series last night and I have to admit, I am still very impressed by what they are putting on the screen.

No real flaws in the story. (Though I am questioning a machine that will destroy the land you rule. I am thinking it is something else.) I love the new twist they threw out in part 2. The relationship between the daughters was explored more fully and all the sudden DG is not the innocent victim as much as we were led to believe.

I thought the Dog was lame until you find out he's not really a dog. Though why Raw cannot tell he is a traitor seems to be the biggest flaw I've seen in the story so far.
The farmers turning carnivorous is a bit weak as well, but not every story can be perfect. And is that field in the middle of every path to everywhere??

Overall, still an excellent story, with excellent dialog, great scenery shooting, very good special affects and a flow that keeps me wanting more. Maybe it has to do with me getting to see it without commercials, but it definitely has me hooked and I can't wait to see the finale tonight.

I have to say, this is the best Sci-Fi original mini-series they have ever produced. And it rates in the top 2-3 best shows they have ever produced. Battle star Galactica and Stargate SG-1 also rate up there in no particular order.

I'll have my final thoughts on the whole series after I see part 3.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home