Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Quick Painting Update

With the end of January drawing to an end, I wanted to give a quick look at where I stand in my schedule.

Jan 11: Complete 2nd batch of Gors. (DONE X)
Jan 12-17: Complete 2nd batch of Ungors (packmasters) (DONE X)
Jan 13: Base and prime all 3 units of warhounds (giant rats) (DONE X)
Jan 18-31: Complete all 16 Giant Rats.
Jan 20: Complete Furies, base and prime. (DONE X)
Jan 27: Strip 4 models. (Both stormvermin and both wizards. 3 primed black and 1 painted horribly.) (DONE X)
Jan 27: Build new chariot ungor. (DONE X)

This was everything I was supposed to have finished by the end of January.
As it turns out I finished the 2nd unit of Giant Rats last night. Leaving 5 Giant Rats to finish by tomorrow night. Right now I'm looking at being 1 day behind.
Not to bad.

This weekend I took the time to strip the 4 models, which went pretty easy. And finished glueing together my furies and a new ungor to go in the chariot, instead of trying to strip him and repaint him.
I also got the furies all based and primed.

Now the problem. Looking at my schedule for February, I realize, I forgot to put on the list time to actually paint my Furies.

Here is the schedule from Feb 1st on:
Feb 1: Reassess status.
Feb 1 - Feb 5: Complete 1st chariot.
Feb 6 - Feb 10: Complete 2nd chariot.
Feb 11: Base and prime 3 characters.
Feb 11 - Feb 16: Complete 3 characters.
Feb 17 - Feb 23: Build both spawns.
Feb 24 - Mar 2: Base, prime and paint both spawns.
Mar 3: Make very basic Display Board.
Mar 4 - Mar 9: Finish flocking, Adding static grass, Touch ups; Finish movement trays, Clear Coat everything.

So somewhere in there I need 3 days or so to paint my Furies as well.
I'm going to try and push hard to finish my hounds in 2 days instead of the 3 it usually takes me from where they are at and then start on the furies.

If I can take just 4 days to do the chariots instead of 5, and a couple less days to build the spawn, then I should be ok. 6 days to build the spawn is probably way to conservative an estimate, so I should be ok.

So Feb 1 I reasses the schedule and squeeze in time to paint the furies.

But I am very happy with the way both units of hounds came out.

Until next time...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet, sounds like you are doing a bang up job.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home