Friday, January 26, 2007

A few quick notes

Sorry about yesterday, just way too busy at work.

1. Painting Update:
Last night I was able to sit down and finish my first unit of Giant Rats.
I think they look pretty darn good, I'll try and get some pics taken of them this weekend to post. I think I need to flock them and get them coated right away. I fear the paint on their tails will take a beating over the next couple months. Thats where I always grab them.

The hounds are on schedule to be finished on time. With 6 days left to paint them, that gives me 3 days per unit. Or about 2 Rats per day. I did the last unit in 3 days, And with the weekend to work, I should be ok. Just have to stay off the NWN.

Still haven't finished priming the Furies, I plan on doing that tomorrow while I soak my 4 models I need to strip.

2. Now onto Battle Star Gallactica. I loved this show when it first started, but I think the writers have lost their way. They have done some awesome writing over the couple years its been on, but this latest bit is just starting to get too touchy-feely.
Not sure the right word, but its all about who's sleeping with whom, or who wants to sleep with whom. Too much prophecy, from both the humans and the cylons.
Now they seem to be trying to live in peace while both are racing to be the first to Earth, and the humans are trying to keep the Cylons from finding it.
Its just gotten too weird.
I'll probably keep watching it, but it needs to get better.

3. Quick recap of my Jousting competition on line.
I have started playing Never Winter Nights and having a blast with it. Played last night in fact and got slaughtered by Minotaurs. But made some friends and a lot of loot. But over the weekend, my brother set up a Mid-Winter Festival and I was there. He had a Jousting competition. You needed to ride a horse and use your knockdown ability to knock the opponent down.
There were 8 of us in the competition. A couple you could tell were no real competition, but there were about 4 of us that had the skills to make this tough.
We were also not allowed to use any magic items at all except for a magic weapon.

My draw was against a female Monk. I wasn't too worried, but when it came time to joust, we turned out to be an even match. We kept either missing the other person, or would hit them and we would resist the knockdown. This went on for easily 30-45 seconds. Which was just a huge amount of time. We each resisted 10-12 knockdowns each before finally I was knocked off my horse.
It was best 2 out of 3, so we would go at each other again. This time I couldn't get set as the computer was messing up on me and there was a lot of lag. I tried to rage, but she came at me so fast, she got in a quick shot and knocked me down without me swinging a blow.
I was defeated and out in the first round. But proud of my 1st joust.

My opponent went on to slaughter the rest of the competition in straight sets and in less than 5 seconds for each bout. I was the only one who had even given her a fight. So while I was out in the first round, I felt I was the 2nd best there. Just got the unlucky draw.
Either way it was a lot of fun.

Until next time...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben

I agree on Battlestar Galatica. I think the last few episode have been to soapy. I like the show so I hope it gets better.

Andy

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BSG seems to me to be trying to make some sort of political statement. The whole occupation thing was way too much like current events. And they have made some of the characters (Apollo and Starbuck for starters) hard to like.

I am still in it, but beginning to have doubts. If I wanted to be reminded of real life I'd watch one of those unbiased news channels like CNN or Fox. :)

-Brett

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home