Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Painting update

I was doing really well until this weekend.

I ended up taking all of Friday night off and most of Saturday.
My brother is a DM for one of the Never WinterNight campaigns and had a big event planned for this last weekend. I just had to go play.

Then I ended up doing a fast schedule for my 4th League game on Sunday, and so NO painting on Sunday either. (BR coming soon, BTW)

This left me very far behind. The biggest problem was I was about to hit the drybrushing phase of the hounds/Giant Rats and was afraid of the outcome.

But Saturday I did start and as suspected, it looked like crap. I just cannot drybrush, period.

So I changed stratagies. Instead, I drybrushed as best I could, which means I got paint everywhere. I then went back and did a very light addition of watered down Reaper Flesh shade, which is a dark brown. It flowed into the cracks pretty well without covering up my paint on the top of the hair that bad.

Overall, I think it came out pretty well. I wish I had a pic to show you. I'll get some more soon. Saturday I did 5 like this, and last night I knocked out the other 11, so all 16 are done with the fur.

I'm now ready to move on with the skin/eyes/teeth, etc..
I like the way their tails look and will probably just leave them alone.

I missed finishing up the cloudrunners completely and will have to try and squeeze them in soon. They were my secondary Saturday project.

But I still plan on finishing the hounds by next week, so I feel like I'm back on schedule.

Until later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home