Thursday, January 11, 2007

Featured Army of the Week

This army was at the Alamo. And while the painting was not the best there, though still at a very high level and better than mine, the presentation was the best.


here is the other end:


And finally a shot of the entire ship:



In addition to the awesome ship, he had a noise machine going that sounded like waves rolling in. Top marks from me.
I gave this army my players choice vote if for no other reason than for presentation.

I mean come on, you can only look at so many Golden Daemon worthy armies, can't you?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This army is Rafael Barretto's. He's a Houstonian, and I can tell you he made this entire army, ship display included, in the 6 weeks between Hillbilly and Bayou Battles in 2006. He's a mad man!

He could easily do a Golden Demon quality paint job if he took the time. I think he gets too impatient, though, or at the least starts too late and doesn't have the time to make it ultra-purty.

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never even thought of adding "music" or sound to an army display...cool idea

7:13 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Thanks Rick. Like I mentioned he got my players choice vote. I saw moments of brilliance in his painting, it looked awesome. But overall the marjority of it was just really good.

But the ship is just knock you out great. I loved it.

6 weeks??? Damn is all I have to say. That is a mad man.

Sorry I didn't give Rafael his due. I wrote down names to go with pics and then lost the names. Ugghhh!!

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home