Thursday, January 11, 2007

Ratspawn Army Update

Well, the Bayou Battle GT is only 8 weeks away and coming fast. I still have a ton to paint, but am dedicating at least an hour a day to the effort.

Last night I finished up about 90% of the Gors for the 2nd herd. The standard (probably the hardes part) is finished and all I have left for the 7 gors is some highlighting. With a little luck, I should finish them by tonight. This is slightly ahead of my revised schedule from the New Year.

New Schedule:
Jan 11: Complete 2nd batch of Gors.
Jan 12-17: Complete 2nd batch of Ungors (packmasters)
Jan 13: Base and prime all 3 units of warhounds (giant rats)
Jan 18-31: Complete all 15 Giant Rats.
Jan 20: Complete Furies, base and prime.
Jan 27: Strip 4 models. (Both stormvermin and both wizards. 3 primed black and 1 painted horribly. Build new chariot ungor.)
Feb 1 - Feb 5: Complete 1st chariot.
Feb 6 - Feb 10: Complete 2nd chariot.
Feb 11: Base and prime 3 characters.
Feb 11: Pay for Boyou GT.
Feb 11 - Feb 16: Complete 3 characters.
Feb 17 - Feb 23: Build both spawns.
Feb 24 - Mar 2: Base, prime and paint both spawns.
Feb 24: Turn in Army list to Boyou.
Mar 3: Make very basic Display Board.
Mar 4 - Mar 9: Finish flocking, Adding static grass, Touch ups, Finish movement trays, Clear Coat everything.
Mar 9: Pack up and drive to Houston.

I think its a pretty aggressive schedule for my painting style, but still very doable. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
I think/hope that is everything.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very organized. Good luck dude. My schedule usually goes.

Get the kid to sleep,
Get everything out,
put a coat on something,
get the kid to go back to sleep, or watch a movie
Paint one or two colors,
give up when my son puts his hands in the paint pot.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot two things:

1) Take the time to encourage other DFW warhammer addicts to join you in your raid on Houston, and

2) Talk smack on the forums.

These things are absolutely necessary, and will bleed time away from your painting/assembling schedule. Eating and crapping might be a good thing, too! :)

If need be, ditch the display board to save time.

Good Luck!

Rick
Bayou Herald

11:12 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Well, all the smack talk and encouraging will have to come while I'm at work. Same with crapping and eating/sleeping. Which I sometimes do my finest work during.

A simple board takes a couple hours to sand down and spray. And IMO, you have to have something to carry your army around on as a minimum.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My local GW store has shown some very nice display boards in the making, we did not get one ready for my wife's Lizardmen army before her RTT. But it is in the works I think, after she finishes her dwarves.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home