Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Another Battle Report

Hey guys, I got the real pleasure of getting to play another 7th edition game last night. This time against a wood elf player.

I took my Cult of Ulric army again as it was still laying out with the exception of swapping the "Immune to Panic" banner to the "Immune to Fear and Terror" banner.

His army was this:
Altered Highborn w/Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, Briarhearth, Pageant of Shrikes.
Wardancer Noble (general) w/ Blight of Terrors
Branchwraith w/cluster of Radiants
Spellsinger Lvl 1 with 2xdispel scrolls

9 Dryads with a Branch Nympth
8 Wardancers with a Blade singer
7 Wardancers with a Blade singer
10 Glade Guard
10 Glade Guard
8 Waywatchers
5 Scouts
5 Wild riders with wild hunter & musician
5 Wild riders with wild hunter & musician
Treeman

That was 2243 points of wood elf goodness.

I do want to point out this was a fairly new player having only really gotten into warhammer in the last 18 months or so. He is still learning and making some mistakes.

But he is a fun opponent to play against as he is very laid back and we both had a great time.

We rolled up terrain: 2 hills, 1 woods, 1 marsh and a farm house. We played a pitched battle with objectives. So he got his free woods.
The objectives we rolled were pretty lopsided.
He got Preserve, which means he has to keep 75% of his army alive. Huh!!! I don't like that one.
I got Magic Dominance. So I had to get 3 spells off during the game.
We set the objective values at 100 points to get it. No penalty if you failed.

We setup terrain, picked sides and deployed.
I put the house on the very edge of the table and he scouted his Waywatchers into it. I think this was a mistake. He should have put his unit of 5 scouts in their. As only 5 models can shoot out at one time. 3 way watchers never got to shoot.
There was no way for me to get them out of the house, as I had no infantry.

It led to some interesting tactics. Anyway here is the starting deployment:
I was on the right and my opponent on the left of all the pics.
He has from my left flank (bottom) to the right flank (top):


Wild riders (cut off)
both units of glade guard on hill
Altered noble (90% cut off) you can see a corner of his base.
wild riders with treeman in front of them.
wardancers with general.
Lvl 1 wizard behind them.
wardancers
dryads with dryad hero.
Scouts in the upper woods
Watwatchers in the house.

I had from left to right:
Hounds
White Wolf(WW) unit with banner immune to fear and terror, priest
hounds on the hill
IC WW unit with Grandmaster and BSB priest
DoW fast cav with bows
hounds
WW unit with priest with Rod of command behind the hounds
hounds
WW unit
WW unit
hounds
hounds
WW unit behind the hounds
DoW fast cav with bows.

He won the roll to go first and chose to do so.

Battle report with pics coming soon. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home