Tuesday, July 15, 2008

4 Movies 2 days

This last weekend was quite the weekend for watching movies.

Saturday morning was my son's school social day and we went to the movies to see Wall-E.
Then during dinner we sat down and watched my son's Netflix movie, then our movie, then Sunday night we watched another.

Sunday's movie: "Back to the Future" was a real treat. I had not seen it in years. My oldest brought over the whole DVD collection so we popped in the first. It is easily Michael J. Fox best movie he ever made. It is a solid movie that almost anyone would enjoy. If you haven't seen it lately, pull it out.

My son's Netflix movie was definetely an oldie. "The Apple Dumpling Gang" with Don Knotts, Tim Conway and Bill Billingsly. Wow, I haven't seen this since I was a kid. And it still had me laughing throughout the whole movie. If your kids are running out of movies to rent, I highly recommend this oldie for a wholesome movie the whole family can enjoy.

Our movie was Clint Eastwood's "Flags of our Fathers". This movie takes you behind the scenes of what happened to the not so famous Marines that raised (or should I say re-raised) the US Flag over Iwo-Jima in WWII. It was definetely nothing like the wife or I were expecting. While it is about a battle, only about 1/3 of the movie is a war movie. It gives you some real insight into the thoughts, feelings, and problems, our young men experience when they go to war.
And to me every man who puts on the uniform and goes to war is a hero. Doesn't matter what they did when they were there.
Well worth the 2 hours, and of course with Clint Eastwood Producing and Directing it, it was top notch quality.

Finally, Saturday morning with Wall-E. 45 minutes with no dialog to start the movie. I thought there was no way it would keep the attention of my son or his friends from school. (All of them with some form of mental disability.) Or myself for that matter. But if that was 45 mins, I'm the president. That time flew by so fast, it was unreal. You really start to care for this little robot and everything he has done and accomplished in the 700 years he has been on Earth trying to clean it up, and barely made a dent.
I disagree with Cogill on the humans. I think they were a very necessary part of the movie. And the captains desire to bring them home, when he could have easily gone back to his hover chair and liquid diet that definetely puts the pounds on.
I also disagree with people who say we could never end up like those people. Or didn't like the way they portrayed people. Just look at many of our youth today. Now imagine 700 years of this.

Anyway, Every child coming out of the movie had a smile on their face, and loved the movie. And I expect it to be another Pixar classic, maybe not on the same level as Toy Story and Monsters, Inc, but up there with The Incredibles, and Cars.

So 4 movies this weekend, and I loved everyone of them.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home