Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Blood Bowl game

I did get in a game of blood bowl on line. It was good because it was an Orc team and I expect to see a lot of orc teams at the tournament in July.

We both had new teams.
Mine was my standard 4 gutter runners, a thrower, 2 storm vermin and 5 linemen.
On line I add 2 re-rolls and a FF of 6. But in the tourny, I'm going 3 re-rolls.

His team was fairly basic troll, 1 goblin, 2 throwers, two blitzers and six linemen(orcs).

He won the toss and elected to let me go first. So turn one, I sprint some guys out, I move around, block a couple guys. He goes and blocks some, nothing big.
Turn 2, I run up, hand off, run up, pass, run in for a TD. 1-0.

So I kick off out of bounds and he gives it to a blitzer, he makes some blocks, and runs his ball carrier down completely unprotected. (???)

So I knock him down, with a blitz. Run a GR down the sideline, pick up the ball run over and make a short pass, run down and hand it off to the GR downfield.

All he can do is blitz with his troll onto my guarding GR and stand next to my ball carrier. He hurts a linerat, and thats about it. So I use my Storm Vermin to knock his blitzer out of bounds and then my ball carrier scampers in for an easy score. 2-0.

turn 4, I kick off and he manages to knock out a couple linerats. So I have 9 players left on the field to his 11. He grabs the ball with his goblin in the backfield. I didn't think I could get a 2 dice blitz on him, but it turns out I could have. So screw up on my part.
I do get 2 GR's on him though.

He dodges out with his goblin and hands off to one of his throwers. He sets up a nice wall to make it tough for me to get at him.
On my turn 6 I blitz one blocker out of the way and get a Storm vermin and 2 runners on his ball carrier.
On his turn he knocks on GR off and knocks one out of bounds, so I'm down to 8 players. But trying to block his thrower who is on the sidelines, he puts his goblin right in front of him. This was a mistake.

So on my turn 7 I knock the goblin into the only free space next to the carrier, then blitz and put his carrier into the stands. The ball lands in my backfield and I'm able to run some players back to pick it up and put 2 runners spread out on his side of the field.

He surrounds one, but on the other he blitzes his Troll and even with 3 dice only gets a pushback, leaving the runner standing.
So turn 8, risking the agility 1 troll interception, I run up and throw over the troll to my runner. I catch it with ease and dodge out and down field for an easy score. 3-0

2nd Half.
I kick off and get a great bounce on the kick as it lands 2 squares from mid field on one flank. I get blitz, block one guy out and surround where the ball will land. It bounces right into a gutter runners hands and my opponent about explodes.

He does manage to knock him down on his turn 1 but it bounces right into another players hands. A couple blocks later he get the double skull and his turn ends. I block out the couple players around me, run up and hand off to a closer runner. With a good GFI roll I make the TD for a turn 1 TD and a 4-0 lead.

On turn 2 I kick off and it is on one flank middle of is half of the field. He runs a couple players over to the ball and then starts blocking. He fails a block before he can pick up the ball.
His Troll was hanging out, so I surround and knock the troll out. Put some players right on the ball but screwed up when I could have picked it up.

On his turn 3, he picks up the ball and makes some blocks. But doesn't follow up on one in his field. Which was a huge mistake.
On my turn 3, I run over and blitz the ball carrier, knock him down, and the ball bounces over 3 players before landing in my throwers hands only 6 squares from the TD and only the goblin touching him. And I haven't moved him yet.
So I push the goblin back and my Thrower Romo runs into the endzone for a turn 3 5-0 lead!!

the rest of the game involved him picking up the ball and surrounding the carrier with 8 orcs. I tried to break the cage but it was going no where fast. So I surrounded the Troll who had come back and fouled him, knocking him out of the game again.

Great game for my rats, as I had the orcs running in circles. It really gave me a chance to spread my formations and try a bunch of things. The final score was 5-0.

This sunday I'm playing 2 live games against some other players. An Orc, Human and Dwarf team will be there to test my Skaven. Should be fun.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home