Thursday, June 12, 2008

W. a great President?

I have always liked George W. But people blast him for a lot of things:

Being stupid?? The man has an IQ of 125, a degree from Yale and was a fighter pilot, geez, how many of you can boast that resume.

Lying about WMD's in Iraq. Personally who cares, we got rid of that Psycho there and took the fight to the Middle East outside the Mountains of Pakistan where it is tough to track these radicals.

Torturing people. I don't think water boarding is torture actually. Nor is sleep deprivation or lack of privacy. Torture is something the other guys do when they take a drill to your hand, or a rip your eye out, or cut off your head, or burn you while you are still alive. Last time I looked, we haven't decapitated anyone. Do you think the terrorists make sure our captives get food, water, a Bible and movies. Geez, Gitmo is like a resort to these idiots after living in a cave.

Taking away our Rights. OK??? Personally I haven't had any rights taken away. If they want to eavesdrop on my conversation overseas to a known terrorist. Personally I'm ok with that.

Killing over 4000 soldiers. Well, that is a tough one. I served in the military, my son is in the military, my dad served in the military. Occasionally we are asked to serve and give the ultimate sacrifice. But let us take this a bit in perspective. We have been in this war for over 6 years now. I believe we invaded Afghanistan in 2002. And only 4000 deaths. That may seem like a lot, but in past wars, we would lose that many good men in 1 day. This has been one of the least bloodied wars of all time, and its being fought in 2 countries. And I thank god that one of them is not the US of A.

So that only leaves the economy. Sadly, this is where W has failed, since he thinks more like a liberal than a conservative on these issues. Massive spending, bigger government, etc, etc... But actually the economy was doing fine until the Democrats took over both the house and senate. Hmmmm???

Anyway, it seems I am not the only to think this way. Ann Coulter happens to agree with me. Or maybe I agree with her. Either way, she says it much more elegantly than I do. Go check it out.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home