Thursday, May 15, 2008

Whats been on my TV?

With the writers strike screwing up my Spring TV shows, and my favs of Chuck, Heroes and Pushing Daisies all regulated to next Fall, there just has not been a lot on.

I did start watching a very funny new sitcom on Monday nights called The Big Bang Theory. The story revolves around 2 brilliant nerds, Leonard and Sheldon, in an apartment, 2 friends who are also nerds, Howard and Rajesh, and a very hot blond, Penny, who moves in across the hall.

Penny believes neighbors should be friendly and quickly makes herself at home with the nerds, even though her normal company is super hot chicks and hulk Hogan wannabe's.

Leonard so wants to date Penny but can't get the courage to ask her out. Penny seems to like Leonard as well, and I think 95% of the watching audience wants to see these 2 date at some point later on.

Sheldon is the super genius who graduated college at 16 and has no sense of social etiquette. He is also a pompous ass.

Howard is mainly creepy. He is a mechanical engineer who still lives with his mom. His main goal in life is to try and get laid. Without giving up his nerdy life.

Rajesh, I love. The foreigner who cannot speak to girls unless he is drunk. But is the only one of the 4 to get lucky so far on the show. I think he is a computer engineer and really does a great job.

The writers of the show started slow, as I don't think they knew where to take the show, or how far to push it. Originally they started out with Penny as the "really dumb blonde" but have pushed past that and now she is more normal and is trying to help the "boys" assimilate into real life. But I still have to love that line, "I'm a vegetarian. Oh, except for steak. I love a great steak." Hahaha. Gotta love that.

Anyway, great writing and excellent acting make for a good little sitcom. I think it is limited in where the show can go. There are only so many nerd stereotypes you can make fun of. Still waiting on the D&D one, but I'm sure it will come.
But if you get the chance check it out, Monday nights at 7 on CBS.

On Fridays, I am trying to get through the Battle Star Gallactica series. If this wasn't the final season, I think I would have stopped watching it. They have long since gone past any battles between the Cylons and the Humans. Its now Cylon killing Cylon and Humans fighting Humans.
Way too much religion, way too much soap opera crap for me. They have been promising to reveal the final Cylon for the last 5 weeks and still haven't done it. But it does look like it is going to be Starbuck. Whoohoo, big surprise. Making the chief and the XO cylons was a surprise though. But then it seems like some stuff didn't make any sense.

They tortured the XO while on New Caprica, why not shut him down and download the data. Of course they probably didn't know he was a Cylon. This whole bit of the 5 unknown Cylons is a bit weird. I wouldn't be surprised at this point, if the entire fleet was nothing but Cylons, in some big experiment to find Earth.

I have to say at this point, I am only watching to finish it off. There are several questions I'd like to see answered. But if I jumped in the middle of this, I'd stop watching it. It has sunk badly.

Well Until next time...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love The Big Bang Theory, too. Great show.

Don't miss the season finale this coming Monday. There will be a big thing happening with the Leonard/Penny relationship. Big stuff.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Well, you had to love that kiss she planted on him. Man, I was wishing that was me. ;)

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home