Friday, June 06, 2008

Taking a break from Warhammer

With the Ard Boyz finally out of the way, I am taking a break from my favorite miniatures game for a while. I still have the Hillbilly lined up in July and then nothing until Feb '09. I'll be taking my Ratspawn Doombull Beast army to the Hillbilly so I won't need to do anything to get it ready.

So what am I going to do with myself until then you ask?

First, I've started painting again. I'm trying to spend at least 30 mins to an hour painting every night when I get home. Right now on the painting desk is my Skaven blood bowl team I'm taking to the Hillbilly.

As soon as that is done, I'm going to put in a real effort to try and finish up the Centaurs to be used as a wood elf list for the LoneWolf GT next February. Some alterations to the marauders with hand axes will need to be made switching them to bows. The spears on the old centigors will be fine as glade riders have both spears and bows. So I'll just mix them up.

Need to convert 2 of the marauders to be shamans. Make them stand out. Need to think about that those.

I've also been playing some Never Winter Nights again. If you still play, I play on a server called Hlontar, with a character Nejah. In addition, I play some blood bowl on line at a site called Fumbbl, where you can play for free under coach name Bully_Ben.

I also have been waiting patiently for WAR (Warhammer online) to come out. I asked for the CE version for fathers day, but things aren't looking good for that to happen.

For viewing lately, Tim has really gotten into Star Wars. So we pulled out all 6 and started at Episode I and watched I, II and III this week. We finished up with III Revenge of the Sith last night and I loved it. Of the newer episodes it is my favorite. Watching Anakin turn evil is great and the scene where his cloak covers half his face, and his one eye is yellow, is just evil incarnate.
When it was over, we spent 30 mins yelling "NOOOO!!!" every once in a while. (What Darth Vader says when he finds out he killed Padme. )

Anyway, so we have episodes 4,5 and 6 lined up to watch next week. Should be good fun.

Until next time...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are keeping busy and having fun. I'm glad and not surprised at all that your interested in WAR. I'm looking forward to getting it myself this fall. Hopefully...

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home