Monday, January 14, 2008

The Pain of it All

I am just numb today after the Cowboy's loss yesterday to the Giants.

They just ripped out my heart and stomped on it with that lousy 2nd half performance they put on.

When they went up 14-7 right before half I said, "If we hold them here we've won. A field goal and its a game." Never thinking they had a shot for a TD.

As soon as that stupid idiot grabs the face mask and got the 15 yard penalty I said, "Ah #@$$%, that can turn the game right there."

And sure enough it did. They go in to score tying it at half time. I tried to pump myself up for the 2nd half, but in the back of my head was that little nag about how much that lifted that Giants team.

And sure enough, we march down and get a field goal and thats it for the game.

How many dropped passes? How many stupid, stupid, stupid penalties did we get. Almost none more important than that personal foul when a lineman hit Strahan when he was down. That turned a 1st down and getting us out of our end, to a 3rd and long. Crayton drops it and we punted to them setting up their go ahead winning TD.

If he just doesn't hit him, we get a first down, move on down the field and who knows what happens.

So 2 personal foul penalties changed the entire outcome of the game. Not to mention the completely bogus intentional grounding call against the Cowboys. That was just crap.

I did think the refs were trying to give it to the Giants. Not so much on what they called but on what they didn't. They were continually holding, grabbing and tackling our wide receivers and there were only a couple calls when it was really blatant.

But I also blame Jason Garret. That 4th down call I felt was bad. In addition to the 3 WR's in the end zone he should have had TO or Witten running across at the 10. Much easier throw into an area that was wide open. We still had plenty of time to spike the ball and get 3 shots into the end zone from the 10. I think he got impatient and Romo had no options.

Well, onto next year, but with a 13-3 season, I am highly disappointed. How the hell do you go 13-3 and not win your first playoff game. This is the first time in league history a #1 seed lost in this round since they started this format.

And now I'm left rooting for Greenbay. OMG!! My head might explode. Because the giants have no shot of beating the pats.

Go San Diego. I can root for LT at least. Maybe this is his year.

Until next time...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA HA !!!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home