Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I Heart Peter Jackson

The news came out yesterday that Peter Jackson and the New Line Cinema settled their disputes over money on the LotR and it opened the door for Jackson to produce The Hobbit.

In the press release they are actually going to produce 2 movies, the Hobbit and a Sequel. What the sequel can be I have no idea. Either they will split the book into 2 parts or just do the Hobbit as one, and something totally different for the 2nd film.

While yes the LotR movies did not stick to the books, and changed some of the dialog, overall it is the best movie ever made. Even if it is 10-12 hours long.

So I am so looking forward to this. I for one actually enjoyed the Hobbit more than the LotR. Though I love both. I hope the movie does the book justice. But with Jackson producing it, I'm sure it will.

Until next time...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that the first movie will be based on the Hobbit and the second will be about the interim time between the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, so maybe we will see some of the secret missions involving Gandolf and various other do-gooders' attempts at fighting Sauron in the Mirkwood region. I think you can read about these in some of the appendencies included in the trilogy at the end of Return of the King.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home