Friday, December 14, 2007

Painted last night

I got to put in a good 2 hours last night. So finally got to painting a horse body of one of my Dogs of War fast cav. I'm not real satisfied with what I got here, but wanted some other opinions.

He still needs a ton of work. Haven't done any metal, detail work like the face, or clean up. This is just the torso and horse body finished.

Pic 1: Ouch, got the flash too close to him. As always, click on the pictures to enlarge the pics.



Pic 2: A much better shot down the left body side.



Pic 3 is a nice shot from the rear of the model. The horse haunches I spent about 86.5 hours on last night. So that is what I'd really like some opinions on.



Finally Pic 4 is a right side body shot.



I've never done any real blending before, so that was what I was going for. Those rear haunches have about 63 layers of paint on them. ;-) So feel free to be kind or brutal. Don't worry about the stuff that is obviously not finished. I'm looking for comments on the horse body and the upper torso flesh. The layering and blending.

Thanks.

Until next time...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ben,

Just looking at your horse there.
Blending and 63 layers...
That sort of effect is easy to do with oils and the "rubbing" method.
You paint the horse the highlight colour ( acrylic is fine for that step ). Then you daub over the lo-light colour using oil paint.
Rub off the highlights with a tissue/cloth initially then with a big brush.
Then you leave in a warm to hot place to dry for a few days...
Perhaps fix up some bits.
Save you a shed load of time.

Cheers,
Andy

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home