Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Lions and Giants and Eagles, oh my!

I know its been a couple days since I've posted, but I had to take in the whole Cowboy loss and try to make some sense of it.

And I have come to the only logical explanation there is. Tony Romo's girlfriends have got to be banned from ever attending any Cowboy game. EVER!!

Seriously, we were one good play away from winning that game. One good pass, one good run. But several things added up to the Boys looking miserable.
1. Romo getting his hand hurt. Not sure when it happened, or if it was aggravated from the earlier time he hurt it or what. Whatever it was, it was affecting him from early on and just got worse as it went along.

2. Owens just giving up. I saw him several times give up on routes because there were 2-3 players around him he wouldn't even try to fight through it. He just gave up.

3. Eagles defense gave a great effort with the coverage and getting to Romo.

4. Gerard going down with the knee injury. After that Romo suffered all of his sacks.

5. The running game. We gave up on it way too early. Romo wasn't passing well, and the backs weren't doing anything great, so we just stop running and put everything into Romo's injured thumb? That made no sense.

6. Lack of intensity. I think the Cowboys are so full of themselves right now they think they can cruise to the playoffs. They beat Philly earlier this year and figured they could do it again without trying too hard. In the NFL if you are not playing at 110% every play you will get hurt. And what happened, a lot of injuries.

Can they bounce it back Saturday night in Carolina. I sure hope so, but the dreaded December Funk is raising its smelly head.

As for my Fantasy league, that ended this last week. I ended up in the regular season with a 14-1 record after losing my first game. (That I really should have won. Damn receiver drops an easy pass that lands in his arms in the end zone.)

So now I have made it into the playoffs and I have to face one of the other 3 top players in a 2 week single elimination tournament for 1st place and the money.

Wish me luck.

Until next time...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i get tired of the simple jessica simpson excuse. she was present at the green bay game. i seem to remember a favorable outcome there.

every team is due a stinker. and the eagles stepped up. they do get paid too. im sure that they would love to play spoiler and just keep the cowboys from getting home field throughout.

the boys have been lucky to avoid major injury thus far in the season, but seems like it caught up all in one game. so...we have to see how important these next games are to us.

all of this means nothing if they dont win at least a game in the playoffs. its been over 4000 days since their last playoff victory.

shaun

6:46 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

4000 days you say. But who's counting.

I know about Jessica. I was joking. Cowboys didn't play to their ability, Eagles played to theirs, simple as that.

And not playing at a high enough intensity can lead to players being hurt. I've heard this from more than one player before.

Anyway, for Saturday. Go Cowboys.

I did hear several players got together and got Jessica some tickets to Texas Stadium for Sunday. In a gesture of good will.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home