Thursday, March 29, 2007

Last League Battle done

I played my last scheduled League battle yesterday vs an Orc and Goblin army. As it turned out, my opponent only lives 10 minutes from me and we have played in the past. Its been 3-4 years since we last faced off and he is not playing his traditional Vampire Counts but instead running with the greenskins for a change of pace in this years league.

Since I was the home player and took my road resource I had an extra 75 points to spend. So my army looked like:

Doombull und, Hvy armor, shield, hellfire sword.
Wargor, hvy armor, gr.weapon, und.
Lvl 2 shaman, und, staff of darkoth, d.scroll, beast magic, crows feast, beast cower
Lvl 2 shaman, und, 2xd.scroll, bray staff, death magic, dark hand, the fear to terror.

5 Minotaurs, und, gr.weapons, bloodkine, standard
4 Minotaurs, und, gr.weapons
4 Minotaurs, und, gr.weapons
3 Minotaurs, und, gr.weapons
3 Minotaurs, und, gr.weapons
2 Tuskigor chariots
6 Chaos Hounds
5 Chaos Hounds
5 Chaos Hounds
Beast Herd 7 gors, ex hand weapons, 6 ungors, spears, full command
Beast Herd 7 gors, ex hand weapons, 6 ungors, spears, full command

8 Chaos furies
2 Spawn maked of slaanesh
Total: 2324 points

I don't have my opponents list with me but from memory:
Orc Great Shaman Lvl 4 w/+1 casting staff, 6+ ward, Horn of Urgok (bound PL 5)
Spells: Gaze of Mork, 'Eadbutt, Fists of Gork, Waaagh!

Orc Shaman Lvl 2 w/dispel scroll, Power stone
Spells: Gaze of Mork, 'Eadbutt

Orc Shaman Lvl 2 w/ dispel scroll, Power stone
Spells: Gaze of Mork, 'Eadbutt

Night Goblin shaman Lvl 2 w/2 magic mushrooms, Callar of Zorga, Brimstone Bauble
Spells: Foot of Gork, Hand of Gork

3 x 5 Goblin Wolf Riders, spear, shield
2 Orc Boar Chariots
2 Goblin Rock Lobbers
Night Goblin Squig herd (6 squigs, 4 herders) (League resource lets him take an extra special)
20 Night goblins w/3 fanatics
20 Night goblins w/3 fanatics
3 bases of snotlings
3 x 10 Orc Arrer Boyz

And then the big ones...
2 Giants

Ouch, this was a nasty list. 12 power dice, 2 giants, 30 orc archers and 2 catapults. Not to mention the fanatics, that I wasn't sure were there or not.

We rolled for scenario and got pitched battle. No objectives, table quarters count.

We rolled for terrain and got 6 pieces. Hill, wood, farm house, area of boulders. Then the 2 strange ones.
On the 12 on 2d6 we got the Enchanted bone yard. Counts as difficult and anyone who starts their turn there or moves into it, suffers 1d6 str 2 hits.
Story behind it is a Necromancer tried to raise some skeltons but bumbled the spell. The skeletons animated but didn't form together. So they grabbed the Necromancer and are forcing him to stay there so they will stay animated. Since the necro is undead, he won't die, but can't leave.

Then on a roll of 2 on 2d6 we get the Arcane Herd stone. This is straight out of the rulebook on page 100. Whoever, holds the herd stone at the beginning of each magic phase, gains either +1 power dice or +1 dispel dice. To hold it, you must be US 5, and closer to it than any of your enemies US 5 units, and be at least within 12" of it.

So some really weird terrain.
We placed, he won the roll to pick sides, and we deployed. (picture coming tomorrow). We had the exact same number of drops, since he picked sides, he dropped first and so dropped his characters right before I dropped my characters and he got the +1 to go first.

he won the roll and got to go first.

The BR will come tomorrow. (forgot my pictures, sorry). But this was one of the shortest 6th or 7th edition games I have ever played. I don't want to spoil it. But Wow!!

Justin showed up to my house at 6:30. He looked at my army and I showed him my favorite models until 6:45. We went down and got some food. Started rolling for stuff, setup terrain and deployed the armies by 7:30.
By 8:15 he was driving away.
I guarantee you it is not what you are thinking. He did not miscast. He failed casting only 1 spell. I had a miscast. The dice were hot for him. So what could have possibly happened???

Until next time...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing he cast Waaagh!, getting into combat super fast. Then discovered how nasty minotaurs are in close combat and died.

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home