Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Dresden Files & Heroes

Man, what a 1-2 punch on Sunday and Monday nights.

Dresden files has really gotten away from the conservative, don't show any magic in the first episode. I posted I wanted to see more magic, and those writers must have read my post. They brought it with both barrels blasting in this episode.

Everything from Location spells, to rituals to a Hellion blasting fire out of his hand.
I was a bit skeptical at this show when it started but it has easily become my 2nd favorite show on TV now. Right behind, well you know.

Then Monday night rolls around. Not much to like about Monday until 8 PM, when the groove tube brings you one of the best shows to hit the airwaves in a long, long time. Possibly ever. I'm not sure I've ever watched a TV show I liked more than Heroes.

And Last Monday did not dissapoint. Wow, is all I could say when it was over.
Bring on the new hero who can auto connect to the internet or any computer anywhere. Sweet. Combine her with Nuke man and Matt, the cop who reads minds and you have a nice combo. They are going after HRG (Horned Rim Glasses) Mr. Bennet for answers. Without the Haitian there to protect them, they should get them.

Sylar again shows you what evil looks like and now sounds like. The lady mechanic with super hearing stood no chance as Dr. Suresh took Sylar to see her. But could this super hearing be more than Sylar can handle. Will this be his undoing.

And lets not forget Peter. Man oh man is he coming into his own. If anyone can defeat Sylar, this is your guy. Can turn invisible, has Telekenises, regenerates, flies, has a sonic boom, can read minds. This guy is a walking, or should I say flying, superman.

I hated the final scene, but knew it was coming. How will Isaac handle what he has done? Will Peter exact justice?
What answers will Matt and company exact from HRG?

Next weeks episode looks to be a doozy.

Until next time...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree. good one.

something has to come to a head. they need to tie together more stories.

not to mention hiro choosing to go it alone, sending ando back.

the story seems to go well, and keeps me rivveted. was almost glad to get the chick out of the way. didnt need to see some love triangle crap in this story. just give me super-powered guys fighting it out.

shaun g

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home