Monday, February 19, 2007

BR: Dwarfs vs Chaos Beasts part 2

The first 3 turns were pretty much a blur, but I'll try to recant as much as I remember.

Turn 1a: The gyro coptor flies onto the hill, behind the 2nd level.
Shooting, A cannon shot kills off a couple hounds in H2. Rat Ogres take wounds left and right.

Turn 1b: Everything moves up. Furies fly over the Rocky ridge, ready to charge the cannon #1 next turn.
Chariot 2, goes to the right of the scree. Spawns move up. One into the gap between the hill and scree blocking traffic. The other up on the hill.

Turn 2a: More things have range now. Cannons shoot, killing more Rat Ogres (Minotaurs) and Rat spawn losses one of his body guards.
He flies his Gyro coptor right by the furies and fires, killing 2.
His Thunderers 2, kill off 4 of the 5 hounds in H3. The last one panics and runs. If he kills off the last one, I have to make about 3 panic tests. So I was happy with this result. But his magic number is at 1 out of 8.

Turn 2b: Furies have a choice. Charge the cannon, or the gyro. I should have stuck to my plan and charged the cannon. But like an idiot I charge the gyro. It was only 1" away and I knew he couldn't flee, or he was dead. If he stands, I can kill it outright, or catch it in the pursuit.
Everything else moves up.
Hounds were in the way of Spawn 1, and it gets stuck on the hill.
Beastherd 1, moves up over the hill.
I felt like they needed Ratspawns Leadership, I move him out of his body guard and joins R1.
In combat, I whiff with the furies. He does 1 wound, but I make the ward save.
He losses by 1 and needs insane courage. Nope. I pursue. He goes 17"!! I got 10. Damn.

Turn 3a: Gyro rallies, but cannot move.
Cannon shot from C1, directly at Ratspawn. Ugghhh. Direct hit. Well it was actually on the back side of him. But the line goes right to his gyrocopter, if he gets a 10" bounce. He rolls, 10". Wounds both. Ratspawn takes 3 wounds!! Gyro takes 2.
Organ gun takes aim at my spawn 2 and does 4 hits. Needing 4+ to wound, he gets 3 wounds and its dead.
More Rat Ogres die or take wounds.
Bolt thrower bounces off other spawn.
I make some critical panic checks.
As it turns out, my Beastherd 1, needed Ratspawns Ld 9 to pass.

Turn 3b: Beastherd 1 fails its unruley check. I measure it and the gyro behind it, is the closest unit and is barely in charge range. Declare the charge.
So the spawn 1 moves off to the right. Furies move over there as well.
I move the 2 hounds right in front of his warmachines. I wish I had angled them, but didn't.
Moved up Ratspawn and company about 8-9" behind the hounds.
Moved everything else up to in charge range as best possible.
The Gyro flees the charge. 14" takes it off the board. He rolls 13". Ugghh!!

Here was the basic setup at the end of my turn 3.


His army was intact except the fleeing Gyro had 2 wounds on it.

My army was beat to hell though.
S1: had 1 wound on it.
F: Furies were down to 6.
R1: 2 wounds on 1 Rat Ogre, Ratspawn had 1 wound left.
RS: The body guard was down to 4 Rat Ogres, but all were healthy.
H1: The hounds had 4 left.
B1: Was down to 7 plus the hero.
R2: Still had all 3 Rat Ogres, but 1 down to its last wound.
H2: Was down to 4 hounds.
R3: Was down to 2 Rat Ogres and one had 2 wounds on him.
B2: Was down to 8 + the hero.
R4: Was down to 2 Rat Ogres and 1 had 2 wounds on him.
R5: Was down to 3 Rat Ogres and 1 had 1 wound on him.

So all of my units except the chariots were a bit beat up. But was ready to charge. I just had to live through this round of firing.

The Exciting conclusion coming soon.

Until next time...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhhh! must have finale! Awesome cliffhanger! Too many excalmation points!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Hahaha, ok, I'll watch that in the future.

I only put them when I felt an emotional high and try to convey it.

It was really that type of game. Enjoy the finale, and ignore all the !!!s.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant I typed too many Exclamation points in that...didn't notice you having an overuse.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home