Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Chariots finished

I got my chariots all finished up on Sunday. So I'm only 2 days behind at this point. I also managed to get my last 2 movement trays built.
I have also started working on my 3 hero characters. I should have them finished by this weekend.

Once I am done with them I can start on the 2 spawn. After that all I have left to do is the movement board, then base, prime, paint and flock the movement trays.

If I get all that done with a couple days to spare, I might even try to add some static grass as well to the whole army.

Anyway, on to the chariots. Not much to say here. I've done a bit on how I built them before.
Chariot 1 has 2 the Plague Lord's Giant rats pulling it. The crossbar is off of a Beastman chariot. The chariot itself is scratch built. The riders are just a Clanrat with spear, and the Beastigor is a Storm Vermin.
And after I finished, there was a big blank spot in the chariot. So I ended up putting their hunk of warpstone.

Chariot 2 is a beast chariot body. In the chariot is another Storm Vermin as the Beastigor. It is pulled by an older Kangaroo Rat with rider. This old miniature was produced by Grenadier, IIRC. I originally had side slots on it like an old horse cart might have, but I didn't like the way they looked and ended up taking them off.
I also considered putting chains on it, but eventually decided against that as well.

First up is a picture of chariot 2 primed. You can see the side boards are still on at this point.


The next is a pic of chariot 1 after I have done the movement base to match the rest of the army. You can also see the large area in front of the storm vermin that looks vacant.


The next pic is after I started inking the miniatures.


To give it a different look than the rest of the model, the chariot body is done in a black wash and then dry brushed with brown.
I also dry brushed the rats with tan and then went back over them with the ink. tan/flesh on the skin. Metal on all the metal parts.


And finally in the last pick you have both chariots finished. You can see the warpstone in chariot 1.
While not as good as the furies or Giant Rats, I'm still very pleased with the way they came out.



I hope you enjoy them.

Until next time...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love them! The warpstone is awesome, both carts look good, the rats look great.

Is the shine just from the clearcoat? or are you giving them a "slimey" style look on purpose?

If so I might try it when I get around to some wolf riders for that greasy feel...

7:20 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

No, the shine is strictly from the clearcoat. Too much shine, IMO.

But everything came away with the shine except for the hounds. Not sure why they didn't, maybe didn't spray as much, not sure.

Glad you like them. The warpstone took all of about 10 - 15 mins. But I like the way it came out.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home