Friday, December 22, 2006

BR: Dwarfs Vs Chaos Beasts Part I

This is going to be the army lists and setup leading into the main part of the battle report.

I took my standard list, but because he was dwarfs I switched up a few things.

Ratspawn the Reincarnated:
Vermin Lord Ratspawn w/Doom Glaive, Moulder, Daemonic armor
(Doombull with Hvy armor, shield, Hellfire sword, undivided)
Master Moulder w/Chimera Hide armor, Gr.weapon, shield, Moulder
(Wargor undivided, hvy armor, Gr.Weapon, shield, dark heart)
Harbringer Setrad, Moulder, Lvl 2, staff, shadow magic
(Bray shaman undivided, power stone, staff of Darkoth)
Harbringer Sutenrad, Moulder, staff, lvl 2, death magic
(Bray shaman undivided, power stonex2, braystaff)

Core:
Ratspawns Bodyguard:
4 Rat Ogres w/Gr.weapons, Ratspawns personal banner
Blood Rat w/Gr.weapon
(5 Minotaur undivided w/Gr.weapons, bloodkine, standard)

4 Rat Ogres w/Gr.weapons
4 Rat Ogres w/Gr.weapons
3 Rat Ogres w/Gr.weapons
3 Rat Ogres w/Gr.weapons
(Minotaurs undivided w/Gr.weapons)

5 Mutated Giant Rats
5 Mutated Giant Rats
5 Mutated Giant Rats
(Chaos Hounds)

2x Mutant Rat Carts
Storm Vermin w/Great weapon and Clanrat w/spear
Mutant Rat w/Horns
(2 Tuskigor Chariots undivided)

6 Mutant Skaven w/Extra HW's, standard, musc.
1 Mutant Clawleader w/Extra HW
6 Packmasters w/whips

6 Mutant Skaven w/Extra HW's, musician, Standard
1 Mutant Clawleader w/Extra HW
6 Packmasters w/whips
(Beastherd: 7 Gors w/ex HW, 6 ungors spears, Foerender, standard,musc.)

Special & Rare:
5 Cloud Runners
(Chaos Furies)

Failed Rat Ogre Mutant w/Mark of the Horned One
Failed Rat Ogre Mutant w/Mark of the Horned One
(Chaos spawn with mark of slaanesh)

I was able to take 2300 points because I was the home player.
My opponent had 2250 point Dwarf army:
Dwarf Lord w/ Great weapon, Gromril armor, shieldbearers, Rune of stone, resistance and Rune of spite.
(So this guy had a 1+ re-rollable armor save and 4+ ward save. Tough)

Thane w/Gromril armor, shield, oath stone, rune of swiftness & rune of stone.
Thane BSB w/Master rune of Gromril, Rune of Preservation, Rune of resistance.
Runesmith w/gromril armor,shield, Rune of spellbreaking x2.

10 Thunderers w/LA, shield, musician
25 Warriors w/ HA, Sh, full command
25 Warriors w/HA, Sh, full command
25 Longbeards w/HA, Sh, full command, rune of battle.
20 Ironbreakers w/Gromril armor, sh, full command, Rune of Stoicism

Bolt Thrower, Engineer, Rune penetrating & reloading.
Bolt Thrower, Engineer, Rune of reloading
Organ gun

We rolled for the number of terrain pieces and got 6. We got:
Hill, 2x Woods, Area of boulders, house, river

He got to place the first piece and the hill went into what would soon be his deployment zone. In our league we have up to 3 resources we can use in the game. My opponent had: Lay of the Land (always picks deployment zones) and Counter Magic (1 free dispel scroll, works even against IF spells).
My 2 were: Chrystal ball (Get to pick one unit and find out what magic it contains), and Hidden Temple (One free re-roll of dice, even re-roll a miscast).

We then rolled and found out we had hidden deployment. So we drew out on maps where everyone was going and then set them up. I've had 2 League games and had hidden deployment in both.

Deployment looked like this:


On the dwarf side, from the bottom to the top.
Warriors with the runesmith
Bolt thrower with penetrating on the hill. The organ gun next to it.
Iron breakers in front of that with Dwarf Lord
Then Longbeards w/BSB Thane
Next to them were the thunderers.
Then other bolt thrower
and finally warriors with thane w/oath stone.

He was faced off against my troops as follows:


In case you don't know my army by now, from bottom to top:
Giant Rats (chaos hounds) x2 units
behind them is a unit of 3 Rat Ogres and 4 Rat Ogres
Then chaos spawn, 2 chariots then other spawn
Behind them is one herd with Setrad and wargor
Then more giant rats/hounds
Behind them is Ratspawn and his body guard
Then the other herd with the death magic bray shaman
Then my cloud runners/furies
Then 4 Rat Ogres and finally 3 Rat Ogres.

After we deployed I rolled for spells:
For Death I rolled a 5-6 and changed 5 to 1. So I had Dark hand, 1d6 str 4 MM and Drain life. All enemy units in 12" take 1d6 str 3, no armor save hits.

For shadow I then rolled a 1-3. Ugghhh!! The only 2 spells I really had no use for. So I had steed of shadows, and the crap spell, all units (friends too) take a d6 str 4 hits. Worst spell in the game.

We rolled and found out it was a pitched battle, with 1 hidden objective. Objective is worth 200 vp to achieve it, and -100 vp if you fail.
Then we drew for objectives. Note to self, you need to do this before deployment.
I drew break through. I had to move 3 of my units off the opposite table edge. Should be easy enough, but my 3 hound units were right in the midst of stuff and wouldn't be able to make it through.

I didn't know it at the time, but my opponent drew delay. Don't get into combat until turn 4. Huh!! against my army, you have got to be kidding. He said he knew he was giving up 100 vp as soon as he drew it.

I haven't heard too many objections with the objectives, but I see several that my opponents just don't stand a chance in getting.

We then rolled to see who went first. I won the roll and decided to go first.

Rest of Battle report, coming soon.

Enjoy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home