Thursday, December 14, 2006

BR Summary Beasts vs Empire

The battle was foremost, a lot of fun to play. My opponent was a great sport and worthy opponent, who is trying out a new army. I think he found the difficulties in playing a soft army against a smash you in the mouth type army like mine.

This was also the older Empire book and so he did not have access to the newer book at the time of the game. Something I'm sure he will rectify soon enough.

I mentioned during the game how I don't like dice to influence the game too much. I'd be happy with just average rolls all the time. Dice had a big impact on this game.

Here were some of the major changes in the game.

1. His lead belchers getting 14 hits and 7 wounds on one unit of Rat Ogres. But then broke from combat and failed to rally and off the board.

2. His cannon had a dead on shot at my Doombull on turn 2 with no Look out sir. He guessed well, but the +8" put it right behind Ratspawn and missed him completely.

3. 10 shots at a spawn = 8 hits and 3 wounds killing it in one round of shooting.

4. My other spawn moving 17" to hit his knights and tie them up FOREVER!! This was huge in the game, and IMO, cost him the game.

5. He forgot twice to move his general over to hack on the spawn.

6. Charging with the free company into the flank of the hounds. This then gave me his flank. I think he thought I would flee with them. When I didn't I think it threw his whole game off and he didn't know what to do. At this point he should have pulled his spearmen back out of my 12" charge range.

7. When the freecompany took the charge, were run down and the spearmen panicked. That was huge as 360 points and his whole flank was gone.

8. I played my BSB horribly bad keeping him on the flank. He should have been in the middle supporting the combats. I didn't like him, I'm thinking last BSB run for me.

9. Spearmen holding for one round so they could take control of the battle in the middle and then the knights coming in the flank.

10. Furies were my MVPs though. Took down pistoliers, a mortar, unit of handgunners, the 2nd wizard and then captured a 300 vp objective. I think they made their 75 vp worth back. And only lost 1 in all of that. They did fail to reach the spearblock and help out my Rat Ogres, but in the end, that might have been better.

11. The hit, overrun, hit again new 7th edition rule is unbeleavable when you are talking about chariots. I'm sure Billy didn't feel too bad about 1 chariot and the Rat Ogres on his knights in turn 6. But when Ratspawn and the 2nd chariot broke and ran down the spearmen and hit right into the knights as well, then it was very lopsided. You gotta love that rule.

12. He had crap for objectives, while mine were easier. Mine were: kill his general and capture 2 of 3 objective markers. I accomplished both of mine.
His were: Breakthrough, move 3 units off the board and invade, have 2 units in my deployment zone to end the game. So he had to get 5 units into my deployment zone at a minimum. He only got the 1 and it was below US 5 at the end so didn't even count.

13. There is no denying Ratspawn the Reincarnated. He and his army are just too Awesome!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home