Monday, September 11, 2006

7th edition Battle Report

This is a Warhammer battle report between my Skaven Beasty Doombull list and my sons Chaos Slaanesh Mortal List.
Many proxies and unpainted minis were used, but if you can get by that, this should be pretty good.

Here is the setup:



Going from left to right my son had on the far side of the table:
Chaos Chosen Knights Mark of Slaanesh, standard, musc.
Joined by Chaos Lord on chaos steed with mark of slaanesh
Beast herd 5 gors/ 7 ungors
joined by lvl 1 bray shaman (spell: make unit cause fear)
20 marauders full command, sword and shield.
5 furies
5 chaos hounds
chaos spawn mark of slaanesh
5 chaos hounds
2 chaos chariots undivided
beast herd, 5 gors/7 ungors,
joined by lvl 1 bray shaman (spell: all units in 12" take wounds)
chaos spawn mark of slaanesh
5 Marauder horsemen w/flails, musician,
3 Dragon Ogres
5 Mounted daemonettes.

If you can't tell on my side, I had:
3 Minotaurs w/great weapons
4 Minotaurs w/great weapons
5 chaos hounds (in front of the minotaurs)
beastherd 7 gors, 6 ungors, full command, joined by wargor
5 furies behind them.
chaos spawn of slaanesh
5 chaos hounds
5 Minotaurs w/command & great weapons w/Doombull behind the hounds
chaos spawn of slaanesh
5 chaos hounds
4 Minotaurs w/great weapons
chaos spawn of slaanesh
beastman chariot
beastherd 7 gors, 6 ungors, full command, joined by lvl 1 bray shaman (bear's anger)
beastman chariot
chaos spawn of slaanesh
3 Minotaurs w/great weapons

The chaos slaanesh won the right to go first.

He moved everything up. Then cast his spell to cause fear on his chosen knights and I scrolled that. Here is the setup after his first turn.


On my turn there was only one charge. The hounds in front of my Doombull, charged his hounds directly in front of him. His hounds fled. Continuing my charge the full 14" would hit one of his furies, so I made my fear test and hit them as well.



On the left flank I moved the hounds (rats) up and angled them. Also moved the spawn up in that direction. The herd moves into the woods. All the minotaurs hang back.

Here was the setup after my turn 1 on the left flank.

On the right flank I moved the hounds and spawn up. My spawn on the far right was supposed to cross the hill and hit the marauder horsemen. But instead moved 5" on 3d6 and stopped. Ugh. I did move the Rat Ogres on the far right back (cannot see them). Here was the setup after my turn 1 on the right flank.


In combat the hounds only kill one of the furies, while the furies rip up 3 of the hounds. Ouch. I lose by 2. But with the same numbers the hounds make their breaktest needing a 7.



It was onto the top of turn 2.

On the Left flank and the center.

His chaos lord charges out of his unit and into the chimera looking chaos spawn.
His herd charges my hounds who flee through my Rat Ogres. They make their panic test.
In the middle, his hounds charge my spawn.
His chariot charges my hounds in front of it, and the 2nd chariot charges the spawn.
Then his spawn moves towards that last ungor hanging out of the woods. He rolls around 14" and hits it. Ugghhh!!! So I'm now ranked up to it. What a great move by my son.


The hounds decide to flee the chariot charge and get about 5" and are run down. This helped and hurt. It was now in the way of his 2nd chariot as it blew through the spawn but had to stop when it hit his own chariot on the overrun.
But by running down my hounds, my chariot has to make a panic test, fails it, then fails the re-roll and it flees through my herd killing off 5 ungors and causing a panic test there. They make, luckily.

His lord kills the spawn easily with his rending blade and is attempting to overrun into the beastherd so he could get to attack again. Ouch!!!
Luckily for me, he rolls up 1" short. Whew.
His spawn kills a couple of gors and we only do 1 wound to the spawn as my Wargor with great weapon, misses with all 3 attacks.

The furies kill 1 hound, break the last one and chase him down, stopping just in front of my Doombull. Oh yea!!
His hounds that charged my spawn did a wound and I did 3 in return. Needing a 4 not to break, his hounds make it.



On the right flank, his dragon ogres charge the slow-ass spawn on the hill make munchmeat out of him and overrun into my Rat Ogres in the corner. Their overrun
of 13" was actually short by about 1/16th of an inch, but I gave it to him.
The daemonettes charge my 2nd chariot, who flees, runs through the 1st fleeing chariot but luckily rolls 1 so 2 impact hits and both fail to wound.

Ok, now it was my turn to put some whoopin on. Or so I thought.


On the left flank and center.
The 3 rat Ogres charge his herd that flees.
The 4 Rat Ogres charge his Marauders and were 1/4" out. Uggh, so failed charge.
My Doombull and Rat Ogres hit the furies and wipe them out so cannot overrun.
My 4 Rat Ogres hit his 2 chariots.
I fly my furies behind his lines.

In combat my wargor and foe render do in the spawn.
My spawn fighting the hounds takes another wound and fails to kill a single hound.
Then with 12, str 6 attacks on the 2 chariots, I manage to score a whopping 1 wound.
That was it!!!
He does 4 wounds back. I still outnumber so I lose by 2. Needing a 7 not to break, they roll a 7.

On the right flank it is tough to tell by the picture but the herd charged the fast cav that fled.


Both chariots rallied and turned to face to the right.
The Dragon Ogres do 4 wounds with their 9 attacks and with my 6 back I do 1. I flee and am chased off the board.

What the heck happened???
I went from feeling really good at the beginning of this turn to horrible. This was not what I was expecting to happen. Now I'm in really bad shape.

Can Ratspawn save the day or will he be trampled over by the dual chariots?
Will the Slaanesh lord with rending blade slaughter a dozen Rat Ogres before the day is done?
Will we see a crossfire from those 5 furies flying around behind his lines?

Tune in tomorrow when I post the remainder of this exciting battle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home