Monday, October 22, 2007

What a great weekend

Damn what a great weekend this was. Sometimes the stars align and everything goes right for you in one weekend. Well except for a couple of really minor things, this weekend was just about as good as anyone could expect.

Starting off with Friday, had a nice relaxing evening of Sci-Fi television. Bionic Woman, Odyssey 5, Flash Gordon. The 2 min clip of Battle star that was really cool, and then Stargate Atlantis to round out the evening.
We paused it for around 45 mins, and got some stuff around the house, which for me was working on my Centaur army. Got 2 guys finished this weekend and another 2 about 3/4 finished. Then when you watch it, you jump right over the commercials. Damn I love that.

Odyssey 5 is a cool little show that is several years old. Must have been made for a cable channel as they have to bleep out all the F bombs they drop. ;-) Sci-Fi channel has picked it up and started it back at the beginning agin. It has a really neat concept. They are on a space mission when the Earth is destroyed. They are about to run out of oxygen when they are rescued by an alien life form. He can take a copy of their brains and paste that into their bodies 5 years in the past.

So this crew of 5 people have 5 years to figure out who destroyed the Earth and try to stop it. Acting isn't bad, and writing is pretty good. I'm anxious to see where the show goes.

Saturday: Soccer game with the kids, and my little guys played great. Tim had 2 shots on goal and both barely missed. He made 3 saves as goalie and we won the game 4-0.
Then onto Tim's school carnival where we had a good time. And Tim had a blast, playing games, winning prizes, and decent carnival food. Didn't win the cake walk, but you can't have everything. ;)

Saturday evening we watched a Sci-Fi movie "Premonition". I love Sandra Bullock and she did a good job in the movie. But I have some real problems with the writing of the movie. I'll do a full review later. Suffice it to say this was probably the low point of the weekend.

Sunday I had a Warhammer Tournament, where I got to play 3 great games of Warhammer. I'll do a full battle report later, but had a great time.
Got home and watched the Cowboys beat the Vikings. Its great when you record the game. I can watch the whole game in about an hour or just over.
and finally my Fantasy team won again, giving me a record of 6-1 for the season. Still in a 3 way tie for first place.

Until next time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Thanks, yea I have a hard time sitting down for 3 1/2 hours. Thats what DVRs are for. I have gotten to where I watch almost ZERO live TV anymore.

Even if we are sitting down to watch a show and its live. I'll pause it and we go do something. Get the dishes done whatever, and then come back to skip over all the commercials.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home