Friday, October 19, 2007

The Twins of Khorne

Well I have started working on my new army, and I'm ready to announce it to the world. Or that very small percentage that read this blog.

My next army will be entirely a Centaur army. It will be Chaos Mortals list of Khorne.

I am using the Confrontation line of models that have some Kelt Centaurs.
They have a special character model. I have acquired 2 of these. They will be the Twins of Khorne and will be my 2 exalted heroes on chaos steeds.

A friend of mine, Bret Amundson painted 1, and he will be my general. I will try and paint the rest of my army up to this level.
Here are a couple of pics:


And here he is from the side:


I have just now acquired the rest of the miniatures to finish the project.
They have 3 different poses for their older Kelt Centaurs, and I have used those for my Chaos knights.

They have now discontinued those models and put out a box set that comes with 3 different models all in different posses and they can have an assortment of weapons from Bows, to small axes to spears.

A little creativity, green stuff, bits and imagination and I have the following army list:

2 Exalted Heroes
4 units of 5 Chaos Khorne Knights, standards, musicians
4 units of 5 Chaos Marauder Horsemen with flails, throwing axes and musicians.
2 units of 6 Centigors with spears, shields, throwing axes and musicians
2 units of 5 DoW Fast Cavalry with Bows, shields, musicians

Total of 64 models. I'll be running this army in my upcoming league while I try and get it painted. I'll be posting pics as I finish building the army and paint them.

I hope you enjoy it.

Until next time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Hahaha, funny. Never heard of the Orange box.

Musicians in the game do 2 things.
1. If a combat is a tie, then if your unit has a musician, it breaks the tie. If both sides have one, its still a tie.

2. If a unit is fleeing, then a musician increases their chance to stop running by 1.

So example, if I have a unit with Leadership value of 7. I'd normally have to roll a 7 or less on 2 six sided dice. With the musician, I get +1 to my leadership, so only have to roll an 8 or less.

This represents the commander doesn't always have full control of his troops. Sometimes you want them to stop running away, and they won't. I hate that. ;)

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home