Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Welcome Back

I have decided I still have a lot more to say, so I am going to keep the Blog going. It will not be as dedicated to Warhammer as it once was, but it will still have a lot of Warhammer in it.

Instead the blog will be more geared towards just Sci-Fi and Fantasy pursuits, TV shows, games, movies and other hobbies of mine. I might even throw in a smattering of politics on occasion. But I'll try to keep those to a minimum. I know not all of you are as enlightened as I am about that topic.

Since my last blog entry I've attended another Warhammer Grand Tournament, the Lone Wolf GT in Dallas. I had a very respectable 4-1 record and took home the 3rd best general trophy. I played my Rat Ogre Beast army who's pics you can find through the archives in my blog. I also came in 4th place in the voting for players choice, missing out on 3rd place by a single vote.

Some notables from the tournament.
Round 1: Faced off with a Tomb King player and cleared the board of the undead by turn 4.

Round 2: Verse a Dwarf player with the anvil. He complained about how it always blows up on him, only to have it work perfectly throughout the entire game even getting off a master Wrack and Rune that almost pulled out the game for him. But a badly timed panic check failure on Ld 10 on his iron-breakers, won me the game.

Round 3: Faced off against an Empire Stank and Walter combo. Very nasty but they were about the only thing worth while left on the board at the end, and I got the win. Lucky for me a streak of multiple 1's rolled in 1 turn saved me the game as cannon balls bounced off of Ratspawn's chest and his Priest couldn't make a 2+ armor save.

Round 4: Lined up against my Nemesis, David Long. He played a slightly weaker version of his High Elf army with only a level 4 wizard instead of the level 4 and level 2 combo I faced and lost to in Houston this year. Also in round 4. This game was just as tactical as the last couple, but a BSB charge into my spawn where he whiffs, I win combat and chase him down, changed the game. A couple of other minor mistakes sealed the deal and I finally beat David after 3 games.

Round 5: So I'm on table 1 at 4-0 verse a Bretonian player with 5 lances of knights. Some outstanding dice rolling on his part, so very inopportune rolling on my part on a couple of panic checks, some stupid moves on my part at the end of the game and my opponent beat me pretty soundly. This game could have gone so differently if I'd only done a couple things differently. Oh well.

My round 5 opponent picked up the Best general trophy and a good friend of mine Rick Thompson who went 5-0 also and was on table 2, took Best overall.

Whats coming up for me in the Warhammer world you ask?

Well, lots really.
1. I have a small 12 man "Meet in the Desert" tournament this Sunday.
2. I've started a new army and lots of pics will be posted here as it slowly evolves.
3. My Warhammer league is right around the corner.
4. The new Warhammer on line game is gearing up for startup in about 6 months. I've been looking forward to this for 3 years.

Until next time...

Welcome Back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Dear Writer, yes it is a lot of fun. but sometimes it can feel like work if you are promising too much. Which is why I took a break.

I'll just blog when I feel I have something to say. And yes there will be a lot on other stuff.

As for the game you never heard of, Warhammer is a fantasy miniatures game that I just love.
And if nothing else, try and appreciate the painting on the miniatures I post. ;-)

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home