Wednesday, February 07, 2007

GT Painting Schedule: Redone

After realizing I had left out time to paint my Furies, I had to quickly re-evaluate my painting schedule and what I had left to do. With the GT a mere 30 days away, I need to start making a push to finish.

Here was the old schedule:
Feb 1 - Feb 5: Complete 1st chariot.
Feb 6 - Feb 10: Complete 2nd chariot.
Feb 11: Base and prime 3 characters.
Feb 11: Pay for Boyou GT.
Feb 11 - Feb 16: Complete 3 characters.
Feb 17 - Feb 23: Build both spawns.
Feb 24 - Mar 2: Base, prime and paint both spawns.
Feb 24: Turn in Army list to Boyou.
Mar 3: Make very basic Display Board.
Mar 4 - Mar 9: Finish flocking, Adding static grass, Touch ups; Finish movement trays, Clear Coat everything.
Mar 9: Pack up and drive to Houston.

Since I had not put in time to paint the furies I thought it best to go ahead and do them next. Expecting to be able to finish in 3-4 days, I found the furies taking longer than expected and my time to paint going down.

I should be finished with the furies tonight. So the new schedule looks like:
Feb 1-7: Paint furies
Feb 3: Flock all Rat Ogres, Giant Rats & Beast herds. Clear coat everything.
Feb 4: Complete, Base and prime chariots.
Feb 8-11: Paint chariot 1.
Feb 10: Base and prime characters
Feb 11: Pay for Boyou GT
Feb 12-15: Paint Chariot 2.
Feb 16-21: Paint 3 characters.
Feb 17-18: Build 2 spawn.
Feb 22-27: Paint 2 spawn.
Feb 24: Turn in Army list to Boyou GT.
Feb 24-25: Build display board.
Feb 25-Mar 3: Base, prime and paint movement trays.
Mar 3-8: Finish anything not done. Final touchups.
Mar 9: Pack and head to Houston.
Mar 10-11: Win 5 games, take best overall trophy home after bashing several other players over the head with it.

So thats the new shedule.
Like I mentioned I should be done with the Furies tonight.

But I already screwed up the Feb 3 goal as I got everything flocked that was finished painting, but ran out of Clear Coat about half way through. So the wife is picking me up some more tomorrow. Shouldn't take much time to finish spraying the other half.

Also screwed up the Feb 4th goal. I got the chariots finished, but primed them without any sand or rocks on their bases. So I need to go back, add sand and then prime again. Ugghhh!! Guess I'm trying to go to fast.

I also still have to build 7 more movement trays. 3 for the hounds, 2 for Rat Ogres since I changed 2 units to 4 instead of 3. And 2 for my beast herds.

With the more aggresive build and paint schedule I actually have a bit more time left at the end. I just have to stay on top of my game.

I also need to play at least 2 more League games before the GT. So I have to squeeze time in for those, which will surely slow me down.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home