Friday, August 01, 2008

Dark Knight some Spoilers

To get off politics and back into things that are a bit more important. I got out to see the new Batman movie, Dark Knight last night.

I know I'm a bit late on it, as it's been out 2 weeks now. Problem was the wife didn't really want to see it, so my son and I went.

WOW!!! that was just awesome.

Christian Bale puts on another very worthy effort as the dark knight himself and did it well.

But my hat has got to go off to Heath Ledger. I figured all the "talk" was due to his death before the movie opened. But it is not. I think he did a better job than Jack for the Joker. It was just incredible. I don't know how else to say it. They writing for his character was top notch. The magic trick, the story of how he was scarred. The bank robbery, the hospital scene, the fights with batman, the chase scene with the police prisoner truck, the social experiment at the end, wow, just wow!! I just want my phone call. ;)

Aaron Eckhart as the DA Harvey Dent / 2-Face, was a very strong performance. And the makeup for 2-face was the best I have ever seen before. The camera angles were just top notch and the flashing away instead of showing his face, making you want to see it even more. Great direction.

Great supporting cast of Michael Caine Morngan Freeman, Gary Oldman, and the list goes on.

Maggie Gyllenhaal, did a fair job stepping in for Katie Holmes, but on closeups you could see the lines on her face, and just didn't come off as the beautiful Rachel brought up in the first story. She did do a fair job with the acting though.

Did have one huge problem with the movie. SPOILER ALERT!!!

Who the hell didn't bother to search the engine rooms of the Ferries before they left?? Huh?? And from what I could see, you couldn't miss the bombs.

Besides that one big hole in the movie, which is big enough to drive a Mac truck through, the rest of the movie was solid, and thought the story was top notch, even if a bit convoluted.

It is a full 2 1/2 hours and felt like they could have left the Harvey 2-Face story for the next movie. But I guess they didn't think he could hold a whole movie on his own. Or they wanted to complete the story to the point where batman really is a full on wanted criminal for murder.

I definetely give it 3 thumbs up. I'm sure the Joker has a couple extra laying around. So if you haven't seen it yet, and are a Batman fan, get off your butt and go. It is dark, the way batman and the dark knight should be done.

The next one should be really good. Rumors have Johnny Depp as the Riddler, Angelina Jolie as Catwoman or Philip Seymour Hoffman for the Penquin. Would love any of those.

Until next time...

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

hahaha, thanks. Sorry if you don't like it when I promote your candidate by quoting him. ;)

Yea, Depp as the riddler would be rich.

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dark Knight was fantastic. Personally, being the cynic I am, I really thought the ferries would blow. I did like the part where the blustery business guy couldn't do what he said he could. I know I wouldn't be able to. However, I bet that Mom hugging her kid would have been able to pull the trigger with her kids on the line.

Loved the whole thing start to finish. There was an interesting article on MSn a few days ago about how Batman falls into camp and how Nolan seems to be avoiding that, good read.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home