Monday, November 06, 2006

Alamo GT outcome

What a great weekend. Had a great time overall. Knocked down many beers, spent many hours talking to old friends and making new ones. Played 4 fantastic games of Warhammer and 1 sub-par game. But all in all, it was super.

The only let down was myself as I was way below par and came through with only a 2-2-1 record. Very below average and in fact the worst showing I think I've ever had at a GT. Oh well, at some point I'll probably do worse again. I guess you can't go 4-1 in every tournament.

I still had a great time and I'll do a full tournament report, but I want to add a few pics in with it, so I'll start that tomorrow.
I have lots of comments about the 7th edition rule changes. Some good some bad. Mostly good though. There is still lots of ambiguity in the rules, but it made for some very fun games.

7th has definetely changed the way you build armies now. While I don't think my losses were caused by the 7th edition rule changes. It changed the way people built their armies, and this led to my downfall.

In my draw, this was my one game I didn't really enjoy, he wouldn't come out to play. He just stayed back in his corner. One loss was just my sheer stupidity. And the other loss I'm not sure what I could have done a whole lot different than what I did. My army just didn't match up well to his.

So I really felt like I should have gone 3-1-1. The loss from stupidity was by 350 points, that should have been a draw. And the draw really should have been a win, but really, really bad luck on the dice pulled it to only a 250 point winning draw for me.

But lots of good highlights, some fantastic looking armies. Great friends, good beer and a ton of free loot game with the weekend.

Lots more to come soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home