Friday, November 02, 2007

Centaur Army Update

Last night with nothing on, I decided I needed to work on the Centaurs some more. With 2 units of 5 still to build, I walked into my game room ready to get started.

That was when I noticed one of my models laying on its side. Usually not that big a deal. I almost always have the door shut to keep the cats out of the room as Sparky has been known to decide he wants to build an army of his own, one miniature at a time. So he will grab models and run off with them to play. I'll find them later in all sorts of places. Well I figured a cat got in and knocked it over.

But as I went to pick it up, I noticed it wasn't knocked over it was broken. In fact, it was snapped at the point the front hoof is connected to the stand. Ugghh!! So I run downstairs to ask Marilyn and she fesses up. She did it. She was looking for the new kittens, yea they are not old enough to get far on their own, but their mom keeps moving them. Anyway, she knocked it off the table and it broke.

So I glued it back and also put a touch of glue on the rear leg. Its supposed to be up in the air, but I knew it wouldn't hold on just 1 any more. It looked like it held, so I showed it to Marilyn that I had fixed it, only to watch it fall right off, and the 2 arms pop off as well!!! Holy crap, what the hell is going on.

I decide more drastic measures are needed. So I find a small rock and glue it on the back end of the stand and put both rear legs on it, gluing them in place as well as the 1 front leg. This gives it a nice tripod stability and it looks like he is jumping over the rock. The arms were no problem and I filed the miniature glue points some.

I've noticed I've had a real problem with parts not staying glued on these Confrontation models. Not sure if its a coating issue or what. I've found if I file them some first, they hold much better.

I also managed to finish 2 more Marauder Centaurs as well leaving me only 8 more to finish up. I have a busy weekend coming up, but I'm hoping to get the rest of this unit of 5 finished by this weekend. So 3 more to make another full unit. I need to get these guys on their magnetic bases soon and in a movement bucket with metal bottom, to keep them from sliding around, and a lid to keep the dust, cats and stray wives away from knocking them over.

Until next time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Well I usually don't leave my guys out, but now that I have a room that no one is supposed to go in, I tend to leave them out.

The wife is not in the doghouse, as I was able to repair the damage.

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home