Monday, November 13, 2006

Tactic of the Week

This tactic utilizes some of the new rules that clarify when you move compulsory move troops.

Anyone fleeing from a charge is considered a compulsory move troop.

On page 20 it states if there are compulsory move troops from both sides, and even gives the example of troops fleeing a charge.

Then the player who's turn it is, gets to decide who moves their troops first.


So lets take the following simple example. In this picture, I've shown 3 units.
Unit 1 is a ranked infantry unit of mine.
Unit 2 (in blue) is a unit of fast cav trying to bait my unit with a flee and rally move.
The small red block with an S is my spawn.

So the next step is for my unit to declare a charge on his unit and I'll get a flee response from my opponent.


Now we have 2 units with compulsory moves. His fast cav fleeing my charge and my spawn. I decide to allow him to move his compulsory troops first. This is the situation after he moves.


Now on my compulsory move, I charge the fleeing fast cav again with the compulsory charge and force him to flee again. Now he runs off the table with the double charge and never allows him the chance to rally.



Next week I'm going to explore what happens if I move the spawn first and the fast cav 2nd.

Good luck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home