Thursday, November 30, 2006

Kill yourself, win combat

I wanted to bring this out of the comments section and into a regular post. Something new to me, I love it when I learn new things.

Page 37, 3rd paragraph: Count up the number of wounds you caused, it doesn't matter which side they were on...

So it is saying if you do wounds to yourself, you get to add those in for combat resolution.

This changes a lot of things with Plague Censor Bearers. I've had 4-5 of 6 die to their own fog. And always counted those wounds for my opponents. But now if I can kill 3-4 of theirs, and 3-4 of mine, plus a couple wounds from the flails, he will get no attacks back and I have done 8-10 wounds and win combat big.

This also makes the possibility of a Plague Priest carrying a Censor a much more attractive weapon for him. I place him in the middle of the Monks (away from any champion) and I can be rolling for 5 plague monks as well as all his guys and count all those wounds. You just have to beef up your monk unit a bit to handle the extra casualties.

This brings up the question though, what other ways can you do wounds to yourself to help win combats.

What about this example:


In this example, my blue units have tied up the red block. The light blue chariot wants to charge in on my next turn. The only place to go will force it to hit his unit and my unit. Do I do wounds to my own unit and get to count those for combat res? It sure sounds like it.

So what other situations can you guys think of where you are doing wounds to your own guys that will count in combat resolution?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think that there is a chaos weapon that hits the weilder on a certain roll...perhaps that would be included. surprised scaven dont have anything more, as so much damages themselves...i suppose a warplock pistol shot in the first turn that rolls a 1, could result in a wound.

shaun g

10:42 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

You no longer shoot in close combat with pistols. But there are several magic weapons out there that can do damage to the wielder.

Just trying to look for anything else.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is crap on a stick!

Greg

8:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What is greg? The whole idea of doing wounds to yourself to win combat?

I think I agree with you. I'm getting a bit tired of some of the new crap they put in 7th.

I love a lot of it, but some of this little stuff is just wacky!!

I post it here more for people to realize what they may see out there.

Though I will start counting Censor wounds to myself for me.

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be look at my rulebook as soon as I get home!

Ben, is there any discussion of this on the direwolf site?

6:04 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Not that I'm aware of. I just mentioned it to the FAQ group. So far no real response.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

exactly guys, if i kill myself you will run away from me????

Please tell me this is going to be fixed. Or we will be standing at tourneys arguing this for years

Greg

10:12 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

There is nothing really to argue. It is in plain black and white. I didn't even realize it until it was pointed out to me.

Any wounds you cause in combat, doesn't matter which side the wounds were on, count.

Time to start lobbying GW for some changes. The only lucky part is there are very few situations where you do wounds to yourself in hand to hand combat.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home