Thursday, September 21, 2006

7th ed rule thoughts

Last night I realized one thing that will help skaven out a lot. Many times, I have someone stuck in combat with slaves, but I am afraid to shoot into combat for fear the slaves will panic and run.

Or I don't want the enemy to panic and run, so I can chase them down and capture their standards.

Now, I don't have to worry about that. With no panic inside combat units, you can blast your Warp fire throwers in there and not worry if it hits a couple of slaves. And ratling guns can blast away. Kill a few slaves, and no one cares, not even the slaves.

So I think the "no psych tests while in combat" is a real boost to Skaven generals.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it's about time! The skaven were really hurting for some good shooting abilities...

6:32 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

With weapons teams taking a huge hit with no protection and even losing their -1 to be hit.
Add in smaller 20 man units such as slaves and giant rats having to go 5 wide to get their LD bonuses now, I have been trying to find some new rules that actually help Skaven.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

That would be correct Dave. But I'm a bit worried about all our low leadership skirmishers being able to be used against us with the Panic avalanche scenario I described in this weeks Tactic.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home