Monday, September 18, 2006

Ratspawn army changes

I have been considering doing some minor changes to my proxied Beastman army.

I decided I really didn't care for a 2nd Lvl 2 beast shaman in it. So I decided to drop him completely in my last battle.

As a result I ended up bringing 4 chaos spawn to my last game.
I didn't care for that either so I felt some more changes were still needed.

I also had dropped Setrad down to Lvl 1, and didn't like that. So I'm bumping him back to lvl 2.
And decided I could drop the spawn down from 4 to 3 and bump up the chariots from 2 to 3.

And my army now looks like this:

Doom Bull undivided w/Heavy armor, shield, Hellfire sword
Wargor undivided w/heavy armor, sh, gr.weapon
Bray Shaman undivided Lvl 2, beast magic, Bray Staff, d.scroll

5 Minotaurs, und. great weapons, champ, standard
4 Minotaurs, und, gr.weapons
4 Minotaurs, und, gr.weapons
3 Minotaurs, und, gr.weapons
3 Minotaurs, und, gr.weapons
3 Beasmen chariots, undivided
3 units of 5 chaos hounds
2 beast herds: 7 gor, ex. hand weapon, full command, 6 ungors
5 Furies
3 Chaos spawn w/mark of slaanesh

Comes out to 18 drops, 74 models of chaos goodness.

Total points: 2250
Character points: 475 (21.1%)
Core Points: 1475 (65.6%)
Special Points: 75 (3.3%)
Rare Points: 225 (10.0%)

Power dice: 4
Dispel dice: 3 + 1 scroll

Let me know what you think. I've been running 2 shamans with this army for a long time and well, my magic has never done much and it couldn't stop much either. So I've decided to pretty much say to heck with magic and run Setrad as a combat character and add in the spawn and chariot for some more punch to go with the Rat Ogres (Minotaur) units.

Up to now this army has only ever suffered 1 draw (against bretts on some weird dice rolling) and 1 loss (to a Empire army with 2 Griffons, league game).

My real delima now is I want to bring it to my next GT. Planning on the Alamo in November. But there is no way I have this army painted by then. I'm working on it every night, but I just can't see it being finished in time. Too much conversion work still needs to be done.
So do I bring my Sylvania list for one last run? Skaven again? Or bring the half painted Skaven Beast list?

What do you guys think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home